IGNORED

possibly an old boc track; might be 'stowed under'

Fredd-E

Nice simplistic gorgeous track whether 'tis BoC or not.

true but like I said on Twoism:

hmm very interesting indeed... especially because the melody does actually sound a bit stowed under... you can hear the melody but it's quite far away.. kinda hidden in the mix...

But maybe this is just what I want to hear/believe...

that's a great track.. reminds me of really old simple trippy synth music.. what people used to think of as "techno"

or more specifically Ambient Techno. cor, whatever happened to that sub-genre ? We had the magic of Global Communication, Woob, Lifeforms-era FSOL and Seefeel (to some extent). All the lovely lovely sounds.

If this is indeed BoC, then it's a very forward sounding for something as far back as 1987.

Guest BunnyRabbit
not boc.

No.

I can hear vinyl surface noise.

Not off a tape whatever it is.

And not particularly BOCcy to my ears, either.

I can hear vinyl surface noise.

Not off a tape whatever it is.

I'd consider the following

a) artificial vinyl surface noise,

B) authentic tape hiss / noise,

c) 96kbps mp3 sound degradation,

d) on purpose degradation by boc,

e) any combination of a,b,c and d

the download limit has been reached and i feel unhappy

you might consider reading my post below that topic starter.. you might find an alternative download link.. I hosted it on megaupload as well.

or you might not and feel unhappy.

Here it is for everyone else... I don't think it's BoC, but considering AE's past relationship with them, it's possible - there is certainly vinyl crackle in this (tape hiss too, odd), and since none of us have any idea what the pre-Twoism BoC should sound like, this might be authentic. I'll ask around and see what I come up with.

ae_xlt_show_excerpt.mp3

Guest Moebius

It's not outside the realm of possiblitiy, but I don't see any particular reason to think this is BoC and not someone else.

It's not outside the realm of possiblitiy, but I don't see any particular reason to think this is BoC and not someone else.

To me it sounds very boccy, especially the tucked-away melody (so not those obvious synth lines on the foreground) and I can't help thinking it's that far-away-melody which they refer to with the title: stowed under.

Or do I misinterpret the meaning of 'stowed under' ?

I think you're reading into it a little heavily and projecting there Fredd-E.

Someone on Twoism reckoned this track had more to do with Ae themselves. That sounds about right.

I know they're not exactly identical but compare the ae excerpt (attached) to that of this Gescom 2003 set (15.mp3). They really seem to relate/complement one another (in my opinion anyways) for some reason, possibly suggesting that it is indeed a Ae track rather than on old BoC one...

Hell, even if you don't think so, at least you got some nice sounding tracks out of it.

it does sound slightly BoC-ish, though all this "stowed under" business, i dunno, that seems to be a stretch. i'm guessing it's just one of many obscure tracks on the Ae ws/xlt radio sets ...

Archived