IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

I wish I'd grabbed one during that window of time when you could get them really cheap.  Picked up a nice Otari stereo machine for $20 during that time but I had a Tascam 388 back then so I was never really looking for an 8 track.  Sold that because it was huge and the master fader went, but now even a small 8 track like you've got/I want is out of my budget.

BUT I was paying so much attention to it that I missed the Copicat under your cassette deck, which is even cooler!  You might actually want to send in a photo to this site, since they don't seem to have any record of any models with the controls on the front like that. 

Edited by RSP

I wish I'd grabbed one during that window of time when you could get them really cheap.  Picked up a nice Otari stereo machine for $20 during that time but I had a Tascam 388 back then so I was never really looking for an 8 track.  Sold that because it was huge and the master fader went, but now even a small 8 track like you've got/I want is out of my budget.

BUT I was paying so much attention to it that I missed the Copicat under your cassette deck, which is even cooler!  You might actually want to send in a photo to this site, since they don't seem to have any record of any models with the controls on the front like that.

Its super rare but needs service, it's got a lovely sound ive tweaked it a few times and it does something magic to signals

Kidrodi, miim, acid1, all great little set ups! Though I've gotta say acid1, you have all that Elektron gear and no Monomachine or Rytm??? At least you've got the Heat :)

elektron fan boy :)

yup :)

Kidrodi, miim, acid1, all great little set ups! Though I've gotta say acid1, you have all that Elektron gear and no Monomachine or Rytm??? At least you've got the Heat :)

I actually picked up a Rytm right before I finished my album. however I'm not really a fan of the sound of the MnM.

elektron fan boy :)

yup :)

I actually picked up a Rytm right before I finished my album. however I'm not really a fan of the sound of the MnM.

Yay team Rytm :) I don't love the MnM to have one currently myself, but I was very impressed with it when I had it for a short while, certainly a unique beast that's not for everyone.... Will probably pick one up down the road though.

Nice machines, acid!

Im one of those five ppl who endlessly love mnm. Imo itz such a beast! The sound of it is at the same time cold and digital and beautifully rich, deep and emotional. Nothing else sounds like it imo.

Cheers guys! I imagine I will have to play with one in person first. The MD made me fall in love with Elektron initially so I assume something built specifically to be its companion is probably great. 

love the Monomachine as well. wasn't the case at first but i persisted with it & it became one of my favorite pieces of kit.

it's the sonic equivalent of a scalpel. or an ultra hi-definition television. sharp. ultra precise. almost sterile, but extremely clear. present. not brittle like some people say. super detailed. hyper real.

and yes, you can make it sound 'warm' with proper use of the eq & filter.

i have a vivid memory of when i used it for the first time. i plugged in my headphones and played a few notes and the sound seemed like it was suspended a few feet in front of my face. it was so clearly occupying a specific place in the room it actually startled me. i've never experienced anything like that before.

i have a vivid memory of when i used it for the first time. i plugged in my headphones and played a few notes and the sound seemed like it was suspended a few feet in front of my face. it was so clearly occupying a specific place in the room it actually startled me. i've never experienced anything like that before.

Heh...this! I thought i was crzy but now there's two of us, so this makes it less probable we're both crzy. ;)

But not just on headphones. It sounds magical on speakers in my room; somehow i have a feeling for the sound as it's an object. But i feel the same for md.

Is the analog line similar in this?

Guest Chesney

No, MnM is in a place of it's own and that must be where people get put off by it. Similar to me and the Nord sound.

I don't think any Elektron box sounds good from the get go so if people are not diving in far and being experimental with their sounds then they are going to sound pretty flat and shit.

I love them all apart from the Rytm but that was more a menu thing and lack of need for it than anything else.

MnM (or any for that matter) through the Heat is WICKED!

lovely setup hautlle! The lxr is tempting, even though I sold my MD because I'm not too big on drum-specific synthesis.

Here's my latest setup. Just got a patchbay and it's made things so much neater, no more scrambling to rewire everything when I have a different idea for a setup. Now to get a rack stand and a rack mixer/interface to make things even more concise.

kQqbM1M.jpg

Edited by modey

Nah, I just turn everything on and look at the pretty lights.

non-sarcastic edit: I've been using a set of logitech 5.1 speakers to produce for years (they're in there somewhere). I'm used to the sound now, but monitors are on the "to purchase" list :P

Edited by modey

The nice thing about the LXR is that it's 6 independent FM voices (HH and OHH are the same voice w/ different release timings).  It's quite versatile, they don't necessarily have to sound like drums  :happy:   I'm very excited for the Bastl Sixty Knobs add-on to come out hopefully sometime soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8_S-Ut7Wc

lovely setup hautlle! The lxr is tempting, even though I sold my MD because I'm not too big on drum-specific synthesis.

Edited by hautlle

Just moved house and got a larger desk  :biggrin: 

Now I need to get some decorations up and get settled in

How are Mutable Instruments such pure IDM?