IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

thanks!!

not sure if the recorder was running at this particular point in time... possibly it's on my friend's SD card.. was kind of an instantaneous jamsy.. but the patterns should still exist! We're working on a live set..

Man, that slow track at beginning of the video sounds fucking bad ass!

New set up in motion. Korg DW8000 to the side not in shot. SP303 & Portastudio 4track in the cupboard (no room) :(

995222b294.jpg

Nice view!

fkn sick jam phling

and lovely view/minimalist setup chris toffer!

for my contribution, I finally racked up my live setup

19620373_637762286413326_249424866083071

I need to put wheels on that case though, it's fkn HEAVY.. but I'm irrationally excited, because it's the first time I've had a decent electronic gear setup that is all racked up ready to go with minimal setup time!

edit: still missing decent cable management and powerboard, but I'm happy with it.

Edited by modey

thanks!!

not sure if the recorder was running at this particular point in time... possibly it's on my friend's SD card.. was kind of an instantaneous jamsy.. but the patterns should still exist! We're working on a live set..

Post a reminder when you get round to doing a live set, will come along for sure.

Man, that slow track at beginning of the video sounds fucking bad ass!

New set up in motion. Korg DW8000 to the side not in shot. SP303 & Portastudio 4track in the cupboard (no room) :(

995222b294.jpg

Nice view!

Yeah this looks like a great spot. Also very uncluttered workspace. This is the most inspiring recent pic in this thread imo - giving me some ideas for when I redo mine. 

forgot to post my full setup.. I keep rearranging bits of it and I need a higher table for my live rig but this is getting good imo

wjRBaA1.jpg

Going to be moving to a much bigger place in a bit over a month, so I'll finally be able to properly set up all the junk I've been piling in over the last 6 years.

Bruh when you get set up there and post a pic with it all set up in here, I want to see detailed labels and diagrams explaining what everything is and what it does and so on :D

Guest Chesney

Yes, do that! 

I'll be breaking ground for the new studio too, digger is booked for groundwork. I'm hoping i'll be fully set up in a couple of months. Can't wait to have three times the room I have now and a kit set up.

Rad setup as well Modey!

Edited by Chesney

u actually diggin up ground for a studio? That's pretty lush.

modey studio looks proper death wave.

BCM dungeon is cool as well.

Going to be moving to a much bigger place in a bit over a month, so I'll finally be able to properly set up all the junk I've been piling in over the last 6 years.

Bruh when you get set up there and post a pic with it all set up in here, I want to see detailed labels and diagrams explaining what everything is and what it does and so on :D

For sure!  It's mostly going to be "here's a ROMpler I found a the thrift shop, here's a ROMpler I got for $10at a record store, here's a ROMpler I got cheap on eBay because it wasn't tested, etc. etc." though.  My setup is like one of those big-ish rack rigs you'd see on Gearslutz except it's almost all the sorts of uncool* things I tend to like (and have the money for).  I was hanging out with a friend earlier and told him once I was moved and had everything set up I would have a world class mid-90s commercial jingle studio.

*at least when I got them, I think the days of $20 pro reel to reel machines and Nakamichi cassette decks on the side of the road and $30 vintage Ampeg tube amps of dubious origin from some sketchy guy who was using it as a subwoofer in his car stereo - seriously - are long gone.  OTOH, I know a guy who saw a Korg Poly6 just sitting in the back of some old lady's garage with a bunch of junk last month, but she wasn't i the mood to sell it because she had just found out that her husband's old jazz records that she had been planning to sell to him had actually been stolen by one of her nephews for drug money slowly over the last decade and she hadn't realized.  Point is, there's still gear out there in the most unlikely places.

Edited by RSP

Here's my attempt. I'm currently not happy at all with the feng shui of gear placement. Because it's an IKEA shelf, I've only got like 50cm of depth room and I can't figure out a nice way to place the things so they're both easy to use and not cramped/placed precariously all over the place.

post-20005-0-32201200-1499825149_thumb.jpg

I just moved and setup the studio.

6B7ptaX.jpg

so nice! I really need to work on making my desk setup a bit more minimal. I have too much stuff cluttering the desk and it's hindering my productivity a little. I'm almost there with my current setup, but then I see stuff like this and think it'd be lovely to have that much space.. perhaps I need to put up some shelves or something..

Here's my attempt. I'm currently not happy at all with the feng shui of gear placement. Because it's an IKEA shelf, I've only got like 50cm of depth room and I can't figure out a nice way to place the things so they're both easy to use and not cramped/placed precariously all over the place.

Yeah, those vertical support beams are killing it (not in a good way).

so nice! I really need to work on making my desk setup a bit more minimal. I have too much stuff cluttering the desk and it's hindering my productivity a little. I'm almost there with my current setup, but then I see stuff like this and think it'd be lovely to have that much space.. perhaps I need to put up some shelves or something..

It certainly helps. I like to keep some gear in my closet so I can focus on one piece at a time.I work from this desk so I need space to do "desky" things. Also it was a $60 ikea hack.