IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Totally agree about the Volca FM; I think it's the overall best-sounding FM synth I've ever used and I've used more than a few in my day. All it's missing is a proper (but comprehensive) editing interface and nobody has made one yet.

I wonder if the Bastl 60Knobs running in DX-7 mode would work well with the Volca FM. 

Might be for some people.

It seems to be most productive to think about and adjust operators in groups, and I haven't seen an interface that really facilitates that.

What are you coding there in the woods? :)

Looks really nice, I haven't been outside the city proper in ages. My holiday starts tomorrow so hopefully I'll be spending most of it away away away from civilization and offices.

Music software.

Looks really nice, I haven't been outside the city proper in ages. My holiday starts tomorrow so hopefully I'll be spending most of it away away away from civilization and offices.

Yeah, I recently had a two-week holiday between jobs and spent much of it with a laptop in the woods. It was great.

Music software.

Yeah, I recently had a two-week holiday between jobs and spent much of it with a laptop in the woods. It was great.

SuperCollider or CSound or something more exotic? I would really be interested in hearing what the result sounds like. :)

SuperCollider or CSound or something more exotic? I would really be interested in hearing what the result sounds like. :)

Clojure. The software is still in its infancy so no results worth sharing yet, but it's intended to eventually do the same thing as my existing Python software (but faster, hopefully) which was used to make the tracks on my SoundCloud.

This is my new studio space. I still need to set up a lot more shit, but this is what I make noise with most of the time. Sorry for the shit-quality pics.

post-22517-0-01625700-1537575561.jpeg

Nice setup and pipe:)

Eye see a Pikachu, does it have a black tip tail?

Clojure.

Fuck yeah. :wang: Been wanting to do a project with this for ages.

Do you already know the language or are you planning to learn it? If the latter then I recommend this, if you can ignore the cutesy hipster writing style it's actually very good.

Working on Fol5?

Nothing I ever make will be worthy of being named after an ae track, sadly.

Clojure.

Fuck yeah. :wang: Been wanting to do a project with this for ages.

Do you already know the language or are you planning to learn it? If the latter then I recommend this, if you can ignore the cutesy hipster writing style it's actually very good.

I don't know it already (I went through the 30-min tutorial and liked it, and I've watched a decent number of videos, but that's about it) and I don't usually mind cutesy hipster writing. Thanks for the recommendation.

What interests me most is how its homoiconicity can be used to create DSLs, which seems like it would have a lot of value for creating music tools like sequencers or event processors via composing smaller pieces.

My flatmate moved out. I have the place to myself now. I'm no longer technically a "bedroom musician" because I have a dedicated studio now. So I'm sure warp or planet mu will be calling my phone soon.

20180927_214518.jpg?width=684&height=513

Edited by 747Music

This is my new studio space. I still need to set up a lot more shit, but this is what I make noise with most of the time. Sorry for the shit-quality pics.

post-22517-0-01625700-1537575561.jpeg

Nice setup and pipe:)

Eye see a Pikachu, does it have a black tip tail?

Do you use the c64 too, or just the c64c? 

My studio but like 6 years ago!!

Good stuff.

needs more shoes though.

whats in the stack of gear on the shelving to the left?

Edited by 747Music

Good stuff.

needs more shoes though.

That's an Akai S2000, Roland JV1080 and a Sony Minidisc recording unit plus fx units (Alesis Midiverb 2 and Zoom). The fx I sold though to a mate lol.

Good stuff.

needs more shoes though.

That's an Akai S2000, Roland JV1080 and a Sony Minidisc recording unit plus fx units (Alesis Midiverb 2 and Zoom). The fx I sold though to a mate lol.

I thought that was the midiverb 2. Did you have any issues with it? I'm stuck between deciding on Lexicon's lpx-1 and the Midiverb 2. Fortunately, I'm currently broke and so have time to figure it out. I'm sure I'd be happy with either.