IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

yeah i remember an age ago, a flatmate had a cat called bill, he used to like sitting on my keyboard (when i was trying to watmm). Just jumped up on to my desk and lay down on my hands as i was typing, like a big furry hand warmer. heh. That cat was deathly afraid of the sound of shears or secateurs, any giant garden scissor type object. I didn't realise to start with how afraid he actually was and as a joke went up to him and opened and closed some hedge trimmers near him out on the back patio, he ran off for like three days !! I speculated that he must have had some ordeal when he was younger with scissors, maybe he still recalled getting desexed, perhaps he wasn't properly knocked out when being operated on, so could hear or even see the scissors snipping away. Because it couldn't just be the high pitched noise that was upsetting him to that extent.

nwae, cats, they're awesome, etc.

who is in your avatar btw?

• 1 month later...

woha looks sweet ...

finally i can share a picture too

post-6903-0-38003000-1417614843_thumb.jpg

its with my laptop camera didn't realize its so small hehe well it was really worth uploading it haha

Edited by tokn

Realised ive never posted in here hah. Here are a few snaps from my over crowded room / studio from a thump interview. doing it all in the hardware at the moment.

mpc 1000 jjos, xoxbox, mfb 522, monotribe, dx100, roland d100, emu 4xtultra, mc 202 + yamaha pro mix 2. Gone for a very basic 90s setup and it works wonders for me personally.

2-620-x-360.jpg

7-620-x-360.jpg

there is a lot of badassness contained in the last few pages! do yall sample your gear much? i kinda almost do it out of paranoia of gear breakage / theft / selling cus broke

I sampled my bandmate's MS10 and CS01 just so I could use the sounds in Renoise.. which I haven't managed to do yet.

It's an interesting idea though. I might do it for my volca keys as well.

yeah i sample the shit out of everything and have a decent library of most synths ive bought and sold too. Having a powerfull sampler like the emu is great cause you can sample classic shit and warp it to hell but you still get this classic recognisable tone.

I would be up for some sample swaps if anyone is keen???

• 2 weeks later...

obligatory "rearranged studio so let's take a pano pic" post

post-161-0-26866900-1419592501_thumb.jpg

the benefit here being that I've finally got my synths at a level where I can use them while standing; before that I had them on a table that was knee high, so even if I sat on a chair my back would be fucked after 30mins or so..

Edited by modey

Guest bitroast

obligatory "rearranged studio so let's take a pano pic" post

attachicon.gifIMG_5041.JPG

the benefit here being that I've finally got my synths at a level where I can use them while standing; before that I had them on a table that was knee high, so even if I sat on a chair my back would be fucked after 30mins or so..

nice!!

Guest bitroast

nice nice nice nice.

my studio is too crap to post a pic of but im enjoying looking at the pics as they come through^^

like a dirty gear pervert.

Guest bitroast

from left-ish to right-ish

korg padkontrol

digidesign 002 rack / amp, under computer screen

yamaha tx81z

alesis quadraverb

underheadphones...

kontrol49 midi keyboard which is ontop of ..

kawai k5000w (the kawai has a broken key or two, not plugged in atm)

sh101

whammy pitch pedal

digital delay dd-3 pedal (this is friends)

elektron machinedrum

electribe mx emx1 (not plugged in atm. need more cables..)

korg ms20 midi controller legacy collection (not plugged in atm, as above)

mooger fooger low pass filter (not plugged in ditto)

mooger fooger freq box (not plgged in..)

there's also a theremin to left of right desk (not plugged in lol)

and few guitars, a bass.. i think thats pretty much it.

oh and a kaoss pad but the power supply is broken

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

oh yeah, and behind the mooger foogers on the right there's mfb-step64 which betty gave me (borrowed? i think gave?) but it's a bit glitchy and gets the notes/timing wrong alot of the time and generally isn't used.

Edited by bitroast