IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

so is a Juno 60 better or worse in your opinion?

they're supposed to sound the same, but:

junos 60 and 6 are generally considered to sound better than the 106 but don't have midi. AFAIK the 60 does has the DBC bus that can be used to control the synth via midi using an adapter. otherwise 60 is the same as 6 but with more patch storage.

and then there's the VCA chip failing problem on the 106... 6/60 have discrete VCAs IIRC so they don't have that problem.

... and 6/60 have wooden sides :D

so, of all 3, i'd say go for 60 if you have chance.

Guest furrybum

Just moved to a new house and have a stupidly small room for my studio.

Heres a few pics.

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

There's more stuff at my bands rehearsal studio. I have a rack there and a couple of synths.

Edited by furrybum

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
PICT0184.jpg

once again, stellar choice of mixer :beer:

i can't even leave my gear packed for a few days. was planning to leave last wednesday, my parents were all NOOO WAIT WE NEED TO MAKE U DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS (argh - i'd been announcing my intended date of departure for a week and a half, and they wait until the night before to pull that).

anyways, i've already dragged some of it out again, and currently am in RUG RAVE configuration:

rugrave.jpg

Edited by Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

• 3 weeks later...
Guest furrybum
mystudio062507vz8.jpg

I'm still very young in my studio development but I love my setup right now :)

Cant go wrong with electribes though. good start. My first bit of kit was the original ER-1. Wish i still had it.

same here as well. i sold my er-1 for more than i got it for, then next synth i got was the cs1x. never looked back after getting the cs1x, great synth, very versatile and cheap.

Guest Vegeta897

I love the idea of a groovebox. I'd prefer to have groovebox versions of everything as opposed to keyboard synthesizers.

I do need a keyboard controller though.

I love the idea of a groovebox. I'd prefer to have groovebox versions of everything as opposed to keyboard synthesizers.

I do need a keyboard controller though.

url to musics plz

I have some hardware, namely an sh 32 and a recently purchased kaoss pad but i hardly use the sh 32 ... essentially I use Live and Reaktor session on my G4

an old pic when I still had an ea-1

post-89-1182882469_thumb.jpg

I have some hardware, namely an sh 32

hows that sound?

kinda want to play with one

I like it, although I'm sure my neighbors don't... I prefer it to the other analog modelling synths I've used, the Ea 1 sounds shit next to it, and I prefer the roland to the microkorg... it only cost 150.00 brand new so that's hard to beat.