IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest unteleportedman

I agree with Chesney. I prefer listening at home more than live experiences. I listen to various types of music, and I can enjoy listening to types of "dance" music analytically at home, no dancing needed

ha, that setup was a few years back now,

not fixed it yet, but i've found someone to do the job, just needs the battery replaced along with the terminal to the main board that caught some of the corrosion.

my own fault, hadn't turned it on for a few years. guess that's what happens if you don't put power through these old things.

Edited by pH1

I sort of agree with you Jev but it's not always the case, nowhere near.

People who usually go mental at clubs etc are there mainly to be seen to be doing that in a social environment and the music is actually secondary. Some just let the drugs take them and again it's more about getting fucked than hearing the music. Some though listen to the music foremost at home and then happen to like doing drugs and dancing at live gigs.

Of course there are many many more types and all sorts in between.

I personally am a listener.

I know. I just can't help myself to stop thinking the DJ tool track was generic garbage. I also can't help myself to stop thinking that even a DJ tool track should have some production quality (you can have a lot of quality even in a basic composition). Because there are actually people that would dance to whatever garbage you give them. I am sure I am not going to make music for them.

Works == make casual listeners dance?

Casual listeners, avid listeners, whoever's in the audience.

Do you think a shit track would please avid listeners too?

Hi pH1, nice setup. Hope you got much fun with it.

Why are you talking warez though?

cheers mang,

I must be mistaken, thought you were all about the software?

Guest Chesney

If you read my post then you might deduce that I didn't mean that everyone is that way inclined. But I have had my fair share of clubbing days and lots of dancers are there to dance mainly. Some friends of an ex were like this, barely listened to music unless in that environment.

I must be mistaken, thought you were all about the software?

Sure, but you don't need warez for that if you use Windows. Tons of free VSTis and VSTs. And Reaper is cheap.

If you read my post then you might deduce that I didn't mean that everyone is that way inclined. But I have had my fair share of clubbing days and lots of dancers are there to dance mainly. Some friends of an ex were like this, barely listened to music unless in that environment.

My experience too.

EDIT:

I would even go that far and say that the people you describe are a majority. It would explain why the standards in music are so low in general. Mainstream reaches the majority of people. Therefore it is safe to say the majority have low standards. And therefore it is statistically safe to say they will be the majority even in clubs.

Edited by Jev

Do you think a shit track would please avid listeners too?

There are plenty of avid listeners out there who understand dance music and dj sets, who would appreciate a tracks function in a wider context.

Your definition of shit is not their definition of shit.

It's the "to be seen" thing I have an issue with. They were probably Just enjoying themselves and letting off some steam.

I like going to galleries and occasionally paint or draw but I'm rubbish at it, still have a good time doing it and it'd be pretty rubbish if my mate who's a very successful painter looked down his nose at me for not caring about painting and said I was only doing it to be seen to be arty or something.

EDIT:

I would even go that far and say that the people you describe are a majority. It would explain why the standards in music are so low in general. Mainstream reaches the majority of people. Therefore it is safe to say the majority have low standards. And therefore it is statistically safe to say they will be the majority even in clubs.

This just shows your ignorance about clubs. Sure there are plenty of mainstream clubs where people care much less about the music but there's also lots of clubs and club nights where the vast majority of people are there primarily for the music.

That's One of my favs Chesney. She's magic :)

EDIT:

This just shows your ignorance about clubs. Sure there are plenty of mainstream clubs where people care much less about the music but there's also lots of clubs and club nights where the vast majority of people are there primarily for the music.

Aha, so I guess your producer friend wouldn't play his Tempest DJ tools in those music-first clubs, right?

My experience too.

EDIT:

You need to go to better fucking clubs mate.

Edited by b born droid

Aha, so I guess your producer friend wouldn't play his Tempest DJ tools in those music-first clubs, right?

I don't see why it wouldn't work in a club where people are music nerds if played at the right time, you'd have to ask him though.

Maybe he'd play this? ;) https://bonusround.bandcamp.com/track/submerge

I don't see why it wouldn't work in a club where people are music nerds if played at the right time, you'd have to ask him though.

Maybe he'd play this? ;) https://bonusround.bandcamp.com/track/submerge

Right time == when everybody is drunk/drugged and dance to whatever repetitive noise stimuli?

EDIT:

Nice sounds.

Edited by Jev