IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

awesome setup, modey. the suspended guitars are a professional touch. didn't you buy a house? can't do that stuff when you're renting  :sad:

yeah, we've been in our place for almost a year now!

Owning does come with its fair share of frustration though.. our roof leaked in a few places late last year during a huge storm; luckily it was mostly in the kitchen and nowhere near any of our gear or computers or anything, but still, it'll probably cost between $10k and $50k to fix properly. 

but yeah, on a positive note I am enjoying the possibility for customisation :D next step is to soundproof the room and turn it into more of a legit studio.. oh and build a workshop out the back so I don't need to use my studio space for soldering/other work that could damage my gear

Edited by modey

The nice thing about the LXR is that it's 6 independent FM voices (HH and OHH are the same voice w/ different release timings).  It's quite versatile, they don't necessarily have to sound like drums  :happy:   I'm very excited for the Bastl Sixty Knobs add-on to come out hopefully sometime soon

5 FM voices though. Snare engine doesn't have FM. Anyways LXR is awesome. It had probability locks way before Elektron implemented conditional trigs. I use alternative FW by Brendan Clarke. I also use samples as OSC waveforms sometimes — if you modulate 'em with FM oscs they start glitching pretty nicely (they start to play fast in loop). Brendan FW also has nice perfomance stuff like looper etc.

Oh by the way, Sweepstakes, I almost forgot to thank you for including your top secret signature patch with that MIDI patchbay I bought from you.  My productions are at least 300% more lush now.

post-19174-0-31630500-1491414042_thumb.jpg

Watch out, world!

got my debut (semi)live set tonight at the reading rooms in dundee. im actually feeling nerves over a performance for the first time since i played a piano gig. djing is so easy you can do it full scale hammered, but repatching a modular on the fly is something im going to have to do with a fresh brain. 

il post the recording tommorow. 

Oh by the way, Sweepstakes, I almost forgot to thank you for including your top secret signature patch with that MIDI patchbay I bought from you.  My productions are at least 300% more lush now.

attachicon.gifmx8.jpg

Watch out, world!

FLOL. I forgot about that. Yeah I tend to give my patches incredibly stupid names unless they have some emotional resonance. Hard to look at a MIDI processor as anything but utilitarian :)

got my debut (semi)live set tonight at the reading rooms in dundee. im actually feeling nerves over a performance for the first time since i played a piano gig. djing is so easy you can do it full scale hammered, but repatching a modular on the fly is something im going to have to do with a fresh brain. 

NICE! Can't wait to hear it!

Congrats! Looking forward to it

attachicon.gifmx8.jpg

Watch out, world!

FLOL. I forgot about that. Yeah I tend to give my patches incredibly stupid names unless they have some emotional resonance. Hard to look at a MIDI processor as anything but utilitarian :)

As it should be!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/scarboglasgow/live-lunacy-reading-rooms-0417[/soundcloud]

it wasnt a resounding success, i bottled it a bit on the night,not having constant patches running, so its a little blander than i like a techno set to be, but for a first time it was pretty good. the crowd loved it, and the sound system was great.

Edited by messiaen

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/scarboglasgow/live-lunacy-reading-rooms-0417[/soundcloud]

it wasnt a resounding success, i bottled it a bit on the night,not having constant patches running, so its a little blander than i like a techno set to be, but for a first time it was pretty good. the crowd loved it, and the sound system was great.

sounds great!

fxrCRei.jpg

I'm in need of analogue synths. It's all vsts for synths right now. :(

I have my eye on the Arturia Minibrute atm.

I'm using Windows 10

Ableton Live 9

Sony SoundForge 9

Focusrite Scarlette 2i2

Akai MPK49

Red Wine

Akai APC40

The happy faces of Mike & Rich

Tascam Porta One 4-track cassette recorder

Tascam DR-05 (not shown. a very foxy lady has it atm)

Also not shown is my Ukelin.

Sony MDR7506 Professional headphones (thanks for the recommendation, RDJ)

A crappy "innovative technology" vinyl spinning contraption that gets the job done

A bunch of awesomely random and ripe with sounds vinyl from the local pawn shop.

Not shown is my very crappy GK electric guitar. It's an embarrassment to me and to you if I were to include it in the picture.

And I'm waiting for some Mackie monitors to come in the mail.

Edited by 747Music