IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Trackpad on that macbook looks bigger than the fucking volca

:)

how do you like that MS2000R?

MS2000R is nice, I mostly use it to manually twiddle knobs and get my rush of changing the sound on a running arp or midi loop, instead of changing the loop to transition to something else. I wish it was 75% of the size and that I would have the mental discipline to go through the manual and learn the thing in more depth.

And oh yea the trackpad is huge but I have had to take the laptop in for keyboard repairs twice now so I am feeling pessimistic about the future of this thing. My previous MBP lasted for almost years since 2009 and still works.

mine can do ümläüt technõ õnly, but also テクノ

Vaporwave?

I think vaporware is more fitting for the things I make.

Here is my junk nest.

How is the Kastle treating you?

I am not really happy with the Kastle yet - I don't have any CV equipment so I can't really use it as a melodic synth. I am trying to make it play nice and fit in with the rest of my things, but it's not so straightforward. My original idea was to use it as a sort of effects box - I send drums or some melody through the thing and have it react to the sound somehow. Maybe I am just wiring it wrong but I think the main limiting factor is that it doesn't have an envelope generator (or even a gate) or a filter.

I am pretty sure though that I just haven't used it enough to learn how to make it mine. :)

Edited by thawkins

My studio was in some "amazing synth caves" video earlier this year as "Interpolate's House of Crazy" around 2:47

Edited by acid1

• 1 month later...

^looks like a really nice setup. What are you using for recording? I'd assume computer but you never know...

Computer, yes. Ableton Live (still on v. 9)

Akai vx 600

Roland tb 303

Roland tr 808

Roland sh 101

Wow ... impressive.

Also: never heard of an Akai VX 600 before ... looks like a *very* cool bit of kit.

Afx used it on the tuss

Had to get one lol

It’s lush

Hello everyone, newish mostly lurker here.

Here's mine. If you have any questions, ask away :-)

How’s the rytm?

I keep finding that I'm taking more and more out of my studio and gotten it down to about 4 pieces of gear altogether, laptop included. It feels really dependent on environment, space and necessity. I put some spider plants around my desk and have a laptop-holding arm clamp hold the laptop in the air while using only a korg MS-20, SQ-1, Microverb, MIDI interface all three and a behringer mixer. I'm finding myself more creative the less tactile the experience is for me and fewer user interface things there are. Took me a few years but hitting a bunch of drum pads and manually recording knob changes aint my thing.

I keep finding that I'm taking more and more out of my studio and gotten it down to about 4 pieces of gear altogether, laptop included. It feels really dependent on environment, space and necessity. I put some spider plants around my desk and have a laptop-holding arm clamp hold the laptop in the air while using only a korg MS-20, SQ-1, Microverb, MIDI interface all three and a behringer mixer. I'm finding myself more creative the less tactile the experience is for me and fewer user interface things there are. Took me a few years but hitting a bunch of drum pads and manually recording knob changes aint my thing.

I read an interview with i think it was juan atkins and he started out out with a korg ms 10 and a cassette recorder and he played with it all summer.

Thats all you need + creativity

Edited by worms

Afx used it on the tuss

Pretty sure there isn't a single piece of gear in existence that Aphex *hasn't* used by now :-)

How’s the rytm?

Fun. Could be used standalone quite easily if you load some soundscape samples into it. Latest firmware (which I haven't installed yet) even comes with a mini synth.

The sound is a bit boxy and in your face. Might be me, dunno. Hi-hats (often complained about) are fine. I *really* like the snares.

For what the MK1 is going for second hand it's a steal.

^agreed with the Rytm comments (not that my opinion was solicited lol) snares are top notch, the synth stuff they just added is pretty fucking crazy tbh. Mk1s are definitely a steal right now...dunno how many they made but honestly this is THE drum machine of the era imo. Not in its use necessarily (many are just using it in very basic ways and half the time using it just like a sample player ffs), but just in quality and ability and range. Anyway, sorry. Love the Rytm.

^looks like a really nice setup. What are you using for recording? I'd assume computer but you never know...

Computer, yes. Ableton Live (still on v. 9)

Same here, looking at other options though, just curious what everyone else is using. Pretty sure I'm gonna swap over to a Zoom LiveTrak soon. Ableton is plenty reliable though.

thx, i have a digitone and digitakt and they are fine machines

if i wasnt saving to buy some other shizzle i would get a monomachine and octatrack

elektrons are really good for playing live

Nice man . How you enjoying it ?

Thanks man! im loving it - havent used the built in seq much and just tweeking presets atm ...sending midi from ableton. First piece of gear so im just in awe tbh

The Digitone has an amazing sequencer. You should give it a shot. I've performed a couple live sets just using that one synth.

attachicon.gifwb19_001WEB.jpg

Already missed the Weekly Beats-style thing's first deadline but that's going to be normal probably, midnight UTC is around when I start to really get in the zone.

Very nice. Like a sixties brothel with an Ikea cart.

• 2 weeks later...