IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

^ theyre mint, from 2016, working beeeautifully! 

When ever i think about selling them for a replacement I can’t find nothing better, especially now after ive bought the OT, they just work perfectly together... combined with samplitude it’s heaven! 

I started (aaaaagain) to learn and use maxmsp as of lately (now or never!!!) but even if I become ae_level_prolific in max i cant imagine selling them cause they’re such fun to use, and especially combined with max sequencing. 

This combination of elektrons (+daw for just some extra mixing) is so powerful that I could use it exclusively for the next 20 yrs without needing anything else

• Like 1

yeah fucking wicked, deece kick drum that can get real boomy with decay - would be nice to have pitch control too tho. nice snappy snare and smooth hats.

need to fix the camera on my phone, but these are somewhat clear.

usually I'm doing stuff on my laptop, but when I need the faster CPU I use this. it's also my gaming rig when I swap out the Xonar Essence STX for a GTX 1070 mini. i7 6700k, 16GB ram, a few SSDs, dual boot Win10 and Fedora. Silverstone mini-ITX case

not pictured: my Sennheiser HD25s

20190616_092935.jpg

20190616_092943.jpg

20190616_093153.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, viscosity said:

need to fix the camera on my phone, but these are somewhat clear.

usually I'm doing stuff on my laptop, but when I need the faster CPU I use this. it's also my gaming rig when I swap out the Xonar Essence STX for a GTX 1070 mini. i7 6700k, 16GB ram, a few SSDs, dual boot Win10 and Fedora. Silverstone mini-ITX case

not pictured: my Sennheiser HD25s

20190616_092935.jpg

20190616_092943.jpg

20190616_093153.jpg

Nice live-coding you got going there. If you need a faster CPU for this I wonder what's it sound like. ?

It is necessary to 'render' some of the final mixes, maxing out u-he plugins in 'divine' high quality mode and being able to use more nested functions in Tidalcycles. check my Soundcloud ?

On 6/16/2019 at 6:49 AM, BCM said:

yeah fucking wicked, deece kick drum that can get real boomy with decay - would be nice to have pitch control too tho. nice snappy snare and smooth hats.

Awesome. TT-606 is similar but I've heard the 78 has a nicer kick. The other percussion bits on the 78 seem more interesting too but I do like the 606's clap.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I was able to rent a studio at an animation studio earlier this year but the room sucked and it would cost a fortune, so I decided to buy an annex instead. That way I could still work from home which means a lot to me.

And yeah, those are the BM15A - they're amazing! Honestly, the best studio monitors I've ever used.

yeah those dynaudios bm15as sound amazing!! i got a pair from guitar center for a few days but unfortunately got some weird radio interference on them and the tweeter was just faintly playing back a radio station non stop so i had to return them.  the sound was so good i had to think about it. 

12 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

How are the acoustics in that room?

It’s good. Almost too good. But that means I can record a VO in the middle of the room and have it sound good. 

But to compensate for the over treatment I use Sonarworks’ Reference and it works like a fucking charm. I was extremely hesitant to begin with but it really works. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

yeah those dynaudios bm15as sound amazing!! i got a pair from guitar center for a few days but unfortunately got some weird radio interference on them and the tweeter was just faintly playing back a radio station non stop so i had to return them.  the sound was so good i had to think about it. 

They’re so fucking good. The high end and low end is crystal clear.