Guest brianellis

Studio Pics

7 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Video day.  Just waiting for the raw footage to arrive and the sun to set and then I'll fire everything up.

FB5h3w7.jpg

Who's the little guy stained or (burned?) into the wood panel, like a Garbage Pail Kid or something?

Posted (edited)

No idea, the drummer in my first band made that in a logdrum-making class when he was like 13 and his parents sent him to jazz camp.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Very nice!

• Like 1

I wish I got sent to jazz camp.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thawkins said:

I wish I got sent to jazz camp.

One time at jazz camp i stuck a flute in my pussy.

1 minute ago, yekker said:

One time at jazz camp i stuck a flute in my pussy.

I think there are easier ways to achieve that warm low-fifi sound.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:58 PM, TubularCorporation said:

Video day.  Just waiting for the raw footage to arrive and the sun to set and then I'll fire everything up.

FB5h3w7.jpg

if you ever come to portland you have to stop by modular8.  there's so much random video stuff in there. there's a monthly meet up. the store owner has some nice custom glitched old video mixers and stuff. there's a guy in portland who does them.. big pauper. site link below.  some interesting things. we have video synths and various cameras for feedback in the store. it's not my wheelhouse but the guy who owns the store is into it.

https://glitchart.com

• Like 1

Nice, I was born not too far from Portland but I don't get out there too often, last time was 2013 and before that it was like 1997 or something.

20190517_190612.thumb.jpg.8215c1fc339c211c8de2338c84a485f3.jpg

Did some downsizing modularwise. after 4 years i actually feel like i finally understand what i want out of it. which is a bunch of new modules.

also got all my cables duct taped neatly at the back running through a patch cable. game changer for peace of mind. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

^good use of space. got any tunes up made with this?

Edited by auxien

https://discreteglasgow.bandcamp.com/

thats my bandcamp label. ive been making lots of sounds recently but no finished product. im waiting on a set of audeze lcd-x and a subpak. ive tried having studios and it just kills my creativity. my neighbours do not like bass. atall. so im moving to a compromise with headphones and a subpak. sorry about my weird grammar at the moment i do not have a comma button.  

Experizen was 👌iirc. Need to check out the others here

On 5/18/2019 at 3:10 AM, pcock said:

20190517_190612.thumb.jpg.8215c1fc339c211c8de2338c84a485f3.jpg

Did some downsizing modularwise. after 4 years i actually feel like i finally understand what i want out of it. which is a bunch of new modules.

also got all my cables duct taped neatly at the back running through a patch cable. game changer for peace of mind. 

What is the knob box beneath your audio interface?

Also sorry to hear about neighbors/shitty walls. Recently I am mostly making music and mixing on headphones too as I don't get too much alone time at home and. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro have real good bass response, would recommend.

Good stuff on your bancdamp too. 🙂

On 5/18/2019 at 4:10 AM, pcock said:

after 4 years i actually feel like i finally understand what i want out of it. which is a bunch of new modules.

lol

On 5/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, thawkins said:

What is the knob box beneath your audio interface?

Also sorry to hear about neighbors/shitty walls. Recently I am mostly making music and mixing on headphones too as I don't get too much alone time at home and. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro have real good bass response, would recommend.

Good stuff on your bancdamp too. 🙂

that is a lindell audio 500 series that i swapped some modules for. 2 pulteq eqs and 4 117six compressors. although it sounds fantastic im really struggling get the stereo levels on it perfect for some reason though. 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:30 PM, pcock said:

that is a lindell audio 500 series that i swapped some modules for. 2 pulteq eqs and 4 117six compressors. although it sounds fantastic im really struggling get the stereo levels on it perfect for some reason though. 

I figured it is some kind of analog mixer strip deal yeah. These always look so nice, but I am afraid that if I ever get to the stage of getting EQs and compressors like that, I end up even poorer than with eurorack...

Would be interesting to play around and see how it sounds though.

5 hours ago, xox said:

spacer.png

Nice, I am using the same DAW software too!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, xox said:

spacer.png

What's going on in this pic with the octatrack? It looks as though it isn't receiving any audio into its inputs?

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

What's going on in this pic with the octatrack? It looks as though it isn't receiving any audio into its inputs?

🙂 that’s right! Atm im using them separately but I usually tend to connect both md and mnm to its inputs for extreme craziness 

i n t e r e s t i n g

the mixer i have has a bus that is fed into my octa so i can send any channel on the mix into the OT as i need which is kinda neat.

how are you gen1 elektron devices holding up?

^ theyre mint, from 2016, working beeeautifully! 

When ever i think about selling them for a replacement I can’t find nothing better, especially now after ive bought the OT, they just work perfectly together... combined with samplitude it’s heaven! 

I started (aaaaagain) to learn and use maxmsp as of lately (now or never!!!) but even if I become ae_level_prolific in max i cant imagine selling them cause they’re such fun to use, and especially combined with max sequencing. 

This combination of elektrons (+daw for just some extra mixing) is so powerful that I could use it exclusively for the next 20 yrs without needing anything else

• Like 1

Cabling situation has gotten a bit out of hand.

20190609_113152.thumb.jpg.c8fee4bb4f38bad2f94f163c02e6c2ac.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, TubularCorporation said:

Cabling situation has gotten a bit out of hand.

20190609_113152.thumb.jpg.c8fee4bb4f38bad2f94f163c02e6c2ac.jpg

This makes me feel so much better about my cable pile, thanks!

rewired and rearranged. added sofas and a beer fridge.db0d71d68fdf1345985a39039d9ed3f9.jpg319cb689f7d35aed45eac7469234090f.jpgc38a772b890b54b6be9723437edc7c3c.jpgf0b59c8738a627f7ba1e30d243130e5c.jpg6d2f9bced48bcb0309c41bfcacce4e72.jpg

• Like 5

Which TT is that on the right?