Guest brianellis

I went through and counted 3 times again

I still get 50 squiders

Pitcard:)

2 + 2 = 5

9 hours ago, auxien said:

10 hours ago, yekker said:
13 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2cute-cartoon-squid-vector-illustration-2

49 squids?

I went through and counted three times

50 squid on my abacus:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All these jokes at the expense of TheBro have been fun and all but surely I’m not the only one who feels like it might be time to 

Spoiler

call it squids. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:25 AM, thawkins said:

Always have thought everyone else has their shit together way more than I do. Looking at another person's creative space (like the photos in this thread) gives me visions of "fuck yeah this looks cool, I bet they make cool stuff with this, wish I could" even if it looks like a scruffy laptop on a bunch of stained pizza boxes. I think this works the same way with looking at others' creative processes and workflows - everything looks cool from the sidelines.

I don;t know you have your shit way more together than I do.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

I don;t know you have your shit way more together than I do.

Maybe it's a case of first world problems but it certainly does not feel like it. I haven't played drums in months and I don't even have any soldering projects.

• 1 month later...

I moved into my new flat almost 18 months ago and I've been so slack sorting things out but it's pretty much there now.  A month or so ago I got some acoustic panels free from work.  Bought some thin felt and wrapped them cause they looked like shit.  Also bought a diffuser the other day.  I'm never gonna get it perfect because a) I live here b) the room is an openplay kitchen/living room and c) I effectively have two listening spots - where I DJ and where I compose.  So I'm just looking to make sure it sounds fairly even across the board.  Final mixing I do in the studio at work.  But in general it's sounding pretty sweet - I just have a problem with slapback from the two blank walls at the kitchen end (behind where I took the pics basically).  At some point I might buy a couple more diffusers for the kitchen, but right now I need to get a couple more pictures framed and up on the wall. 

20200402_151122.thumb.jpg.773558e3ae6fb54dbb8d54bf760a9869.jpg

20200402_151507.thumb.jpg.3a62a64cbb15f0851f3ec26239100bbd.jpg

20200402_151318.thumb.jpg.22c1147c8eb6cc114e5970e48ab6d043.jpg\

20200402_150943.thumb.jpg.7a288a9e8e54474671a230a70d99096e.jpg

20200315_162312.thumb.jpg.4bda7a943ea4c2102f5091eb1dbd237c.jpg

Edited by b born droid
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, custom knob said:

Is that a moog dfam with bigger nobs ?

i love everything about mine except those tiny pitch and velocity nobs

maybe I should live up to my dumb username and do the same 

Yeah someone in the DFAM thread on gearslutz put a link up to someone selling Moog-like knobs that you could fit onto the DFAM.  Makes such a difference imo because as you say, the tiny ones that are there for pitch and velocity were a right ballache to deal with.

And cheers for the kind words guys!

Arp Jam crew represent! Some of my arp jams include A4 arp jam, long arp jam, weird arp jam and A4 arp jam (EDIT). 

I vote for the disco kraut project to be the first to be revealed!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, user said:

Arp Jam crew represent! Some of my arp jams include A4 arp jam, long arp jam, weird arp jam and A4 arp jam (EDIT). 

I vote for the disco kraut project to be the first to be revealed!

What a coincidence that I just messed around with it in the last few days:

And yeah, arps are great. I can't tag my projects with "arp" anymore though because everything has some arps going on and it is not helping me find the correct stuff anymore. This is a good thing.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, thawkins said:

What a coincidence that I just messed around with it in the last few days:

And yeah, arps are great. I can't tag my projects with "arp" anymore though because everything has some arps going on and it is not helping me find the correct stuff anymore. This is a good thing.

Ah, nice man! The elaborate and somewhat positive/happy melodies also remind me of the french house tradition a bit. Realize you didn't ask for feedback but imho the only thing this track needs is some hiss and smearing of the sound and done. Especially like the ending.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, user said:

Ah, nice man! The elaborate and somewhat positive/happy melodies also remind me of the french house tradition a bit. Realize you didn't ask for feedback but imho the only thing this track needs is some hiss and smearing of the sound and done. Especially like the ending.

Nah, thanks for the feedback! With tracks like these I have no idea what I am actually doing so it's always good if someone gives their 2 cents. ?

Setup I've been using for online collabs (broken down for the night):

Vt1npJq.jpg

Guitar goes into the Boss BE-5 compressor, distortion and noise suppressor, out of the effects send into the little tube preamp, from there into a patch in the top row of the Eurorack case, out from an instrument-level send at the end of the patch to the return on the BE-5, through the delay and chorus in there back to the Eurorack, into the spring reverb module and then out to an input on the Octatrack.  Everything else is pretty simple, mono outs from the Mother 32, Tanzmaus and EleVAta to the other three Octatrack inputs, out through a compressor (finally had time to finish the GSSL I started a long time ago) to the interface.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2020 at 9:45 AM, b born droid said:

I moved into my new flat almost 18 months ago and I've been so slack sorting things out but it's pretty much there now.  A month or so ago I got some acoustic panels free from work.  Bought some thin felt and wrapped them cause they looked like shit.  Also bought a diffuser the other day.  I'm never gonna get it perfect because a) I live here b) the room is an openplay kitchen/living room and c) I effectively have two listening spots - where I DJ and where I compose.  So I'm just looking to make sure it sounds fairly even across the board.  Final mixing I do in the studio at work.  But in general it's sounding pretty sweet - I just have a problem with slapback from the two blank walls at the kitchen end (behind where I took the pics basically).  At some point I might buy a couple more diffusers for the kitchen, but right now I need to get a couple more pictures framed and up on the wall. 

20200402_151122.thumb.jpg.773558e3ae6fb54dbb8d54bf760a9869.jpg

20200402_151507.thumb.jpg.3a62a64cbb15f0851f3ec26239100bbd.jpg

20200402_151318.thumb.jpg.22c1147c8eb6cc114e5970e48ab6d043.jpg\

20200402_150943.thumb.jpg.7a288a9e8e54474671a230a70d99096e.jpg

20200315_162312.thumb.jpg.4bda7a943ea4c2102f5091eb1dbd237c.jpg

My dream is to live someplace where I can treat the acoustics, that looks great and is probably nice to mix in.

9 hours ago, xox said:

How do you like your speakers? Did you get used to them?

Speakers are really good, I am happy. Thanks a lot for pointing them out.

Especially after using the ARC room correction, the sound is really nice and I feel my mixes are much better too as a result. The only pain in the ass is to keep the ARC VST running constantly so I have to have a Reaper instance open at all times in order to process all audio that goes to the speakers when I do everyday listening. 

Edited by thawkins

3 hours ago, thawkins said:

Speakers are really good, I am happy. Thanks a lot for pointing them out.

Especially after using the ARC room correction, the sound is really nice and I feel my mixes are much better too as a result. The only pain in the ass is to keep the ARC VST running constantly so I have to have a Reaper instance open at all times in order to process all audio that goes to the speakers when I do everyday listening. 

No prob man! I’m happy to hear you like them. ?

Regarding, the arc software... That must be a major annoyance! I’ve never used Sonarworks’ software but afaik it works constantly in the background, so you don’t need to run a daw or similar. Maybe that would work better for you but I believe it’s also much more expensive than the arc. ?

4 hours ago, xox said:

No prob man! I’m happy to hear you like them. ?

Regarding, the arc software... That must be a major annoyance! I’ve never used Sonarworks’ software but afaik it works constantly in the background, so you don’t need to run a daw or similar. Maybe that would work better for you but I believe it’s also much more expensive than the arc. ?

It's not such a big deal managing the software, although now you inspired me to see if there is a better alternative to running a full DAW doing this.

I have been a bit skeptical because I don't really want to mess with any custom software that may not be ideal in terms of latency and configuration. Already I had buffer issues with routing from Live to Reaper so now when mixing I keep the correction in Live too. I have to test though, maybe it is worth to sacrifice 64 more samples of buffer for a reliable solution.

Edit: found this https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/, going to put dub delays on all system sounds now.

Edited by thawkins