Jump to content

Studio Pics


Guest brianellis

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco : looks cozy. Super nice synth collection too ! Current iteration : new screen, Push 2, new CPU, and just used the U87a for VO / video recording. Great mic.

Gear: Mackie XR624 monitors, Korg Monologue, Yamaha TX81Z, Alesis Quadraverb, Motu M4 interface, Ableton Push, Volcano vaporizer, my dog

my dojo, in peace

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BCM said:

much slimmed down my setup (haven't sold anything, just put it away for a bit).

in this pic are my juno 106, korg dw-8000, behringer model d, tascam 2488, korg sq-1, yamaha rev500, roland srv-3030, t.c. electronic m350, zoom rfx-1100, novation drum station and behringer fca-1616 interface.1a9a834bf2336406b1f01bed0d5fb951.jpg

it must be interesting having the speakers placed behind your ears. i'm getting dizzy just thinking about how it sounds. i too would like to nap on those couches though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

fucking knew you lot would moan about the monitor placement lol. i've got to work with what's available yo and I usually push my chair way back every now and again to get a proper stereo image etc so it's not an issue. anyone who's ever listened to my tracks - any major mixing issues? no.

so stfu for realz.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

also, it's a fucking tumble dryer not a washing machine. it's well good for drone innit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BCM said:

much slimmed down my setup (haven't sold anything, just put it away for a bit).

in this pic are my juno 106, korg dw-8000, behringer model d, tascam 2488, korg sq-1, yamaha rev500, roland srv-3030, t.c. electronic m350, zoom rfx-1100, novation drum station and behringer fca-1616 interface.1a9a834bf2336406b1f01bed0d5fb951.jpg

What's the rack thing enclosure? Seems really neat and light. My rack stuff is all over the place as monitor stands basically, so occasionally I think about something more professiona.

Edited by thawkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCM said:

fucking knew you lot would moan about the monitor placement lol. i've got to work with what's available yo and I usually push my chair way back every now and again to get a proper stereo image etc so it's not an issue. anyone who's ever listened to my tracks - any major mixing issues? no.

so stfu for realz.

lol. i only said it must be _interesting_ but figured you are used to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BCM said:

Thanks! Although I have to say it looks flimsy as hell, I am pretty sure my Roland XV5080 alone is enough to structurally destroy it. 😞

By the way off topic but your sig seems to have enough space for an additional studio space (or maybe something is up with my browser).

 

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 00.06.36.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those cheap rack frames are actually pretty solid usually.  Once you have stuff mounted in it, the actual rack units themselves are what hold it together, the little bar in the back is more to keep it in position while you mount stuff and make it a little more sturdy.

My rack is one of these I found in the trash with the top part missing, and it's completely flimsy when it's empty but as soon as you put a couple things in it then it's as solid as the giant steel server rack I had before (also from the trash) and abandoned in an apartment because it was bigger than a refrigerator and weighed almost 200 pounds empty. I've used it for about 7 years and it's been through three moves and is just fine still.

I've also had good luck screwing my rack gear to two chunks of 2x4 and then screwing some plywood panels on the sides as feet.  Ugly but it works.

Point being it's the gear that holds the rack together, so you really don't need much actual rack unless you're going to be playing out with it. So if you need one you can usually get away with the cheapest one you can find.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This style is what I'd be more hesitant about, because the parts that it rests on are separate pieces of metal from the actual rack so they could get loose.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-8U-Desktop-Rack-2-Post/dp/B01NBPL8OP/

 

I've used a couple of Startech 2u server rack things that screw together like that but they've all been attached to wooden frames or the underside of a desk so there's not really any chance of anything loosening up.  If it was going to be freestanding I'd look for something like BCM has where the foot part and the rack rail part on each side is a single piece of metal. As long as the metal's not flimsy you should be in good shape with that design.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

and anyway, all that shit about speaker placement and reflections and stereo imaging etc is all fucking bollocks.

 

like, can you fucking hear it?

 

deece.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCM said:

and anyway, all that shit about speaker placement and reflections and stereo imaging etc is all fucking bollocks.

 

like, can you fucking hear it?

 

deece.

 

 

 

 

I can, but then everything I do sounds better if I turn the monitors way up and then go into the kitchen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the point about the gear holding the rack together, but thenagain this is Stagg gear, which in my experience means don't even breathe on it too much, else it crumbles to dust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a recent photo of the area where I create stuff.  Messy, but that's me.  I'm searching for a solution to get a bigger/deeper desk to get my monitors off the 90° angle but I'm probably just going to end up building something.

I need to move things around in the room to make some space and get everything out of the corner though...

W8L4RQN.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hautlle said:

This is a recent photo of the area where I create stuff.  Messy, but that's me.  I'm searching for a solution to get a bigger/deeper desk to get my monitors off the 90° angle but I'm probably just going to end up building something.

I need to move things around in the room to make some space and get everything out of the corner though...

W8L4RQN.jpg

I dig the rack - is that just 4 Happy Endings bolted to a couple planks of wood? What are you doing for power?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...