IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

2 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

How do you like the O_C and what do you use it for?

it's powerful. there's a lot it can do. i use it for the quad lfo mostly. clocked.. all relative but different waveforms, speeds, phases.  i always plan to get into it more but end up using it as a modulation source. i think i need to make some patches w/it at the center because it can be a clock/sequencer, weirdness generator. 

i have a standard size o_C and need to sell it. it's got something funky w/it where it has jitter in the output of some modes but when pressing on the faceplate the jitter stops. so, a project for someone who has a soldering iron and time. i honestly never noticed the issue. so if you want one FOR REAL CHEAP let me know. happy to sell it for like $60. it's white and has the magpie panel. 

• Like 1

nah, couldn't bear to part with that tumble dryer, it's just so versatile - use it on almost every track i make.

also that's an analogue solutions megacity.

4 hours ago, BCM said:

nah, couldn't bear to part with that tumble dryer, it's just so versatile - use it on almost every track i make.

also that's an analogue solutions megacity.

Duh. Just shows what I know about good gear.

Edited by thawkins
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, BCM said:

swapped things about a bit

64d139efecb56eecd42a92c13c45581e.jpgaae415e4978e9e68cebbdda455a11df1.jpg

If I had a more minimal setup, this is would be exactly the type of studio I would go for. Looks awesome!

• Like 1

Finally ended up getting two major quality of life improvements - a proper audio interface (notice how it says 'professional' on it - yeah it's one of those where you can walk around in cargo pants pawing an ipad "setting the levels"), and a rack case with wheels so I can go play out in live events sit on it and wheel myself around the room.

IMG_5496.JPG

• Like 4

I too am also now officially a Professional owner of Professional gear.

20210502_143937.thumb.jpg.470d97fa0cb13c753422645c50d31e9a.jpg

Now that it's all hooked up I'm thinking maybe I should lower the Presonus 1u in the rack and put the cheap Monoprice 1u cable management thing I have lying around above it to keep the patch bay a little less hard to reach.

EDIT: WAAAY more Professional now, I should get a job with Coldplay.

20210502_150856.thumb.jpg.c6e57e8d47fee39c983c7500b520b996.jpg

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 4

This is considerably more professional than mine. I need to unscrew everything to add more cables that need to pass through underneath the Studiolive. All because the Korg MS2000R has the I/O section on top of the thing and I don't have L shaped TS and MIDI cables.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

the "studio" (airbnb) 

JvrUi0x.jpg

yeah the studio consists of a midi keyboard and that's it.

spent all your money on camera equipment, i see

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

the "studio" (airbnb) 

JvrUi0x.jpg

which wall was the moaning coming through?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thawkins said:

This is considerably more professional than mine. I need to unscrew everything to add more cables that need to pass through underneath the Studiolive. All because the Korg MS2000R has the I/O section on top of the thing and I don't have L shaped TS and MIDI cables.

Well, I have all my cables very unprofessionally run in front of my very old but very professional Tascam cassette deck, but that's OK because one of the wires broke off of the play head about a week after it was given to me and it's going to be really hard to repair, because it's almost unreachable with a soldering iron but if I take the head out to fix it the right way then I'll need to do a full realignment, so without a calibration tape that would cost a couple hundred dollars if I can even get one at all it's not an option. So for now it just sits there and looks cool.

EDIT: also the whole thing is on an old, secondhand kitchen cart.

Edited by TubularCorporation

the "studio" (airbnb) 
JvrUi0x.jpg
it better not be plugged into anything

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

which wall was the moaning coming through?

2 o'clock when you're facing the keys, you can't see it on the pic

27 minutes ago, BCM said:

it better not be plugged into anything

lol. it's plugged, i'm using keyscape in reaper and headphones. no idea how to use reaper other than recording midi - which is exactly my goal here so all perfect on this front hehe. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Do you ever think of scoring the sex that your neighbors are having ?

Bet they would enjoy some steamy jazz chord with their hot butt sex.

I think if you want to score some sex, you got to leave the keyboard and find a date.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1