Guest brianellis

Studio Pics

A Kalimba is on my wishlist too.

Guest yanG

What do you run on the Amiga?

It's an Atari and it runs MaxYMiser :)

countryside summer studio

wB918ih.jpg

Rbrmyofr, you should post some demos/choons of all that beautiful gear.

I think I did already but here ya go: http://virtualurbanrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glassilaun-memento

To answer Digit, the Octopus is really interesting and I find myself coming up with melodies on it quickly that I wouldn't have been able to do just using Logic or other regular sequencers. The way you can have all the notes right there in front of you and change each one really quickly is great. Also it looks beautiful and whenever people come over it's usually the first thing they ask about. I use it all the time, it's also perfect for controlling drum machines as you have the whole grid in front of you.

Unfortunately the OS has a few bugs which were never fixed before the company went bankrupt. It's not the tightest sequencer either, its midi clock is out of time with the notes it sends out slightly. I actually worked with one of the guys from the company to test OS updates to try to get it more in time but they never sorted that out, they got it close enough so most people won't notice though but I'm really picky about things being in time.

The OS is open source and some people have been making new versions themselves but I'm afraid to upload a user OS in case it bricks the thing as the company aren't around anymore. Overall I love it, would never sell it.

Guest decon

My humble little setup at home :)

post-17505-0-85975500-1404682479_thumb.jpg

20140531_191216_zps84e93f46.jpg

A recent picture. I've added a Nord Drum (grabbed a 99USD one from Musician's Friend during the blowout) and two half-rack compressors aren't picture here, Joe Meek MC2 and FMR RNC.

I see a pedal with display, what's this? Thanks

Posted some photos ages ago but have changed things around a bit.

Not sure how I feel about the 707 on the floor, but damn, that's a nice setup!

Edited by chim

i<3 to hear you switching phase during sequence

post-1318-0-76519700-1405104020_thumb.jpg

Went to guitar center, got a JJOS'ed mpc1000, ART Pro Channel 2 and some patch cables. They fucked up charging me and I got out of there for less than 525$!!! I got my channel strip for half price and it was brand new! I'm taking it as a sign from the gear-gods that I'm on the right path. Got home and slapped some JJECC803's in the ART unit and started being amazed at the power of outboard gear. I'm a changed man, no more software horse-honky, I'm stepping up to the big-boy-level and going balls deep into some new gear and choons.

Up next, DSI PRO-2, getting my Matrix-6r fixed, new mackie 8 channel mixer, selling the old monitors and grabbing a slick 6" + sub pack, dual opto-compressors, delay rack and a new firewire interface.

Glory. Yes, Glory.

Went to guitar center, got a JJOS'ed mpc1000, ART Pro Channel 2 and some patch cables. They fucked up charging me and I got out of there for less than 525$!!! I got my channel strip for half price and it was brand new! I'm taking it as a sign from the gear-gods that I'm on the right path. Got home and slapped some JJECC803's in the ART unit and started being amazed at the power of outboard gear. I'm a changed man, no more software horse-honky, I'm stepping up to the big-boy-level and going balls deep into some new gear and choons.

Up next, DSI PRO-2, getting my Matrix-6r fixed, new mackie 8 channel mixer, selling the old monitors and grabbing a slick 6" + sub pack, dual opto-compressors, delay rack and a new firewire interface.

Glory. Yes, Glory.

LOL...you've got it bad : ) enjoy.... I still use software, but am a hardware-head at heart... I like using both to have the best of both worlds...

Guest volg4

heres a pic of my battery portable gear before i took it travelling in ireland....

i've now added a yamaha qy10 for more battery portable midi sequence mayhem.... :music:

post-43-0-04809300-1405445505_thumb.jpg

Nice collection volg. What sort of mods did you do on your 505?

These are some sick modular synths:

Kozloduy_Nuclear_Power_Plant_-_Control_R

prarie_island_control_room.gif

a11_controls_full.jpg

russian.tech.bushehr.jpg

dsc_0074.jpg

h5TrNZ1.jpg

pvPYa1C.jpg

nwmkWED.jpg

my setup lately

gqrlTTP.jpg

wow i love the monitor setup!! very immediate and cosmetically pleasing.

what the hell is that mouse?

Those headphones look like the type that would crush your skull/being stuck in a vice.

wow i love the monitor setup!! very immediate and cosmetically pleasing.

what the hell is that mouse?

Multi-monitor setups are the only way to jack in, srs bzns. Every time I have to use a single monitor setup, I die inside. the two vertically oriented displays are 2x Dell 2412M 24" IPS displays (1920x1200 resolution) and the centre one is a Dell U3014 30" IPS display (2560x1600 resolution). I get a suntan every time I sit there of course.

The mouse is a Zowie FK 2014 edition gaming grade optical mouse. Worth every penny.

Those headphones look like the type that would crush your skull/being stuck in a vice.

They're AIAIAI TMA-1 Studios, I like them lots :3 And they're rather comfy

I like how the headphones are named after something that caused people to grab their heads in intense pain

TMAsignal.jpg

Osc luv the pain, thus being a Reason user.

Edited by Audioblysk

Osc luv the pain, thus being a Reason user.

I'm actually moving away from Reason, and going to Reaper. I just still have projects in Reason that I wanna finish.