IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah it's pretty mediocre.

not saying this album is or isnt mediocre (havent finished listening), but good christ i hate this kind of thread

GUYZ SQUAREPUSHER LEAKED AND IT SUXX. shut up

not saying this album is or isnt mediocre (havent finished listening), but good christ i hate this kind of thread

since that's what i said, and since it was a review and all.

you know what i'm talking about you fuck

you know what i'm talking about you fuck

alright

Guest αnalogue ψings

Well, "Planetarium" has the same vibe as the Venus Acid mix everyone creamed over, so peeps'll be digging that.

tracks 2 and 3 didnt do it for me tho.

i hope there's no fuckign flamenco solos this time...

oo here comes track 5...

Guest αnalogue ψings

Up to track 8 and so far 2 and 3 are skippers. Not that they're bad, it's just that everything else flows together really well.

I'm thinking this leak is not mastered. The electro breakz banger should not be noticeably quiter than the ambient piece before it. :grin:

plotinus

Plotinus is considered to be the founder of Neoplatonism. Taking his lead from his reading of Plato, Plotinus developed a complex spiritual cosmology involving three hypostases: the One, the Intelligence, and the Soul. It is from the productive unity of these three Beings that all existence emanates. The principal of emanation is not simply causal, but also contemplative. In his system, Plotinus raises intellectual contemplation to the status of a productive principle; and it is by virtue of contemplation that all existents are said to be united as a single, all-pervasive reality. In this sense, Plotinus is not a strict pantheist, yet his system does not permit the notion of creatio ex nihilo (creation out of nothingness). In addition to his cosmology, Plotinus also developed a unique theory of sense-perception and knowledge, based on the idea that the mind plays an active role in shaping or ordering the objects of its perception, rather than passively receiving the data of sense experience (in this sense, Plotinus may be said to have anticipated the phenomenological theories of Husserl). Plotinus' doctrine that the soul is composed of a higher and a lower part -- the higher part being unchangeable and divine (and aloof from the lower part, yet providing the lower part with life), while the lower part is the seat of the personality (and hence the passions and vices) -- led him to neglect an ethics of the individual human being in favor of a mystical or soteric doctrine of the soul's ascent to union with its higher part. The philosophy of Plotinus is represented in the complete collection of his treatises, collected and edited by his student Porphyry into six books of nine treatises each. For this reason they have come down to us under the title of the Enneads.

track one - funny nintendo bullshit, fairly straightforward amen break.

track two - reasonably unimpressive jazz interlude

track three - glitch? no... these synths??? hmm. oh some bass wank.signature tom.

track four - electronic music. drill, oh sum phat bass. like the synth.. very tom jenkinson dark drill style like tundra series. so far most enjoyable..

track five - some ambient DYKS style crap going slowly up and down through a ring mod...... ???

track six - guitar drum ultravisitor rehashing, a latin style to this track. i like the dynamics of it but, like the rest of these tracks, leaves something more to be desired.

track seven - oh it's the drum with reverse crap and some hi hat. throwaway. thank you tom for adding this useless piece of shit.

track eight - hi hats and claps and bass hits with reverb. oh how you shatter boundaries, thomas. oh more of the same electronic music crap. booooring.

track nine - decidedly the better of the majority of the tracks... wait didn't i just listen to this song a minute ago?? no tom, i did not forget.

track ten - more dark sqpr jungle. forgetable like the rest of this shit of an insult to tom's entire career. more and more and more of the same. this is what happens when musicians rely on their previous efforts to carry their future efforts. more progressive flourishing jazz shit. peaks and ends. meant for this to be the breakthrough track more than likely. next.

track eleven - anstromm feck4 but with different presets.

track twelve - LISTEN TO THE SONIC EXPERIMENTS! NEAT AND IMPRESSIVE AND THOUGHTFUL. DEFINITELY REQUIRING A FULL TEN MINUTES.

I'm insulted.

track 4 is great!!! fantastic synths.

that's how far i am so far though, i'm not wowed so far but i'm not too disappointed either.

after listening to the majority of this. I must say that it's good but it's not very squarepusher-esque. I"m not saying this is a fake by any means but i wouldnt' think it's squarepusher if i were to listening to this without titles.

But then again, if i didn't first hear ultravisitor on actual cd, i wouldnt' have thought it was squarepusher either. The only very convincing squarepusher-esque songs are welcome to Europe + modern bass guitar

Well, "Planetarium" has the same vibe as the Venus Acid mix everyone creamed over, so peeps'll be digging that.

tracks 2 and 3 didnt do it for me tho.

i hope there's no fuckign flamenco solos this time...

oo here comes track 5...

venus acid mix?

Guest αnalogue ψings
hey i LIKED cronecker king. :\

same here :grin:

i like more tracks than I dont like. and second time through I'm liking them all more.

it's definitely better than DYKS :grin: :grin:

woulda liked it to be a bit more "fun" tho. instead it's mostly po-faced like Ultravisitor :cry2:

Archived