IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dig about half of it, might grow to like the rest, it's early days but there's definitely some chaff, like that bollocks vacuum track! The last track might be a bit long, though i loved tundra4 after a while so who knows!

Guest mushroom
why are people so negative?? :|

it's a great album imo. nice n chilled in spots.

it's called "being critical."

it does kinda sound fake... i mean, seriously - squarepusher with an uncut amen break? ???? but the bass noodling on the end of the first track is more convincing though

edit: the second track is way more convincing. the production is too high for someone to have done a quick and dirty fake... i mean, if they were gonna slag on squarepusher they wouldn't have made it sound that good

Guest αnalogue ψings
yeah i'm gonna conclude it's real... it's got the track on there that was on the warp homepage. and it's good :-)

I would just like to say

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

That review by Theocide made me snort with ironic laughter.

Come on theo, you love love love prog rock, and you're gonna hate on Squarepusher for not pushing boundaries?

That review by Theocide made me snort with ironic laughter.

Come on theo, you love love love prog rock, and you're gonna hate on Squarepusher for not pushing boundaries?

I'm sorry but you worded that strangely, so I am unable to respond to such a banal comment.

Guest Gardenia

I have to let it sink in for a few more listens, but it definetly met my sky high expectations. I love his experimental side, and I know a lot of people hate that about him...but I think that is what seperates him from all the others (that and his mad bass skills.) The songs are less of a sonic madhouse this time. They have more space, and allow your imagination to run with straightforward drums and colorful meandering synth lines...ex:Planetarium, Plotinus

Listen to the last 1 minute of the cd very carefully...the wind chime/bells slowly transform and fade upward into a wave of sound that falls around your ears...he does it so seemlessly.

Ok let me dumb it down for you a bit.

You, Theocide "Pericles" Smoken (if that is your real name) very much enjoy listening to prog rock. Prog rock has not pushed forward any boundaries since 1969 when the Yes album came out.

Yet you spurn this release because it doesn't push forward any boundaries (I have not heard said leak, as i never bother with leaks).

To me that smells of hypocrisy.

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of the leak? I'd appreciate it very much.

this is just posting a topic on a radiohead fansite.

how does warp records react to leaks actually? does anyone know?

Chen, if that is your real name.

Yes didn't push any boundaries in 1969, they did in 1972, and then again in 1974. But that's besides the point. Hell, ELP smashed open everyone's idea of what was rock and what was not at the Isle of Wight in 1969 and since then it's hard to compete HOWEVER if you have been following up on your music appreciation (you haven't), you would realize that throughout the 70's there were a few select bands completely transcending powerful, elite, inspiring, charismatic and overall GOOD music, not just Yes. This is an idea you created out of generalization that I think all music besides Yes is shitty, unprovocative, boring, the same old CRAP over and over again rehashed by the children of nostalgic asshole generations. It's great for record stores but shitty for music in general.

Believe it or not, this isn't about Yes or any other band's potential to break genre boundariesl; it is about Tom Jenkinson's utter apathy towards his own music.

Squarepusher has set aside all of the tenets of the creation of a sturdy album of quality music (like Hard Normal Daddy) and replaced it boring, samey hackneyed misrepresentation of himself. This album is about as good as I would expect from someone whose career is slowly grinding to a halt. It has the same feel that Going for the One by Yes has; sort of an unsure, timid transitional point, blending the new and old elements but not really sure where to go from here but oh well we'll release it anyways. It's different.

It's not a cohesive album which is a shame because I have been reasonably satisfied with Squarepusher's output until now. It's a lazy slop of an album. An awkward grope of pre-adult exploration into sound that you've been on at least 10 times in the last 5 years.

"Prog rock has not pushed forward any boundaries since 1969 when the Yes album came out."

This is such a false statement that it makes me cringe.

Have you heard of Magma - Kohntarkosz Anteria? It is their latest album, made in the beginning of this century. Go listen to it and redeem yourself later in this thread for being such an ass.

nice album on first listen, planatarium is current fav.

QFT!

I liked it after first listen.. I think I'll love it even more after some more listening.

I already like it more than I liked Ultravisitor back in the days. 'nuff said

ahhhr the megaupload link doesn't work anymore and i just returned from school :(

could anyone send me am pm with a working link I WANT IT SO BAD

-- i'll buy the album anyway when it'll be in stores

Archived