IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

Guest Ron Manager
"Prog rock has not pushed forward any boundaries since 1969 when the Yes album came out."

This is such a false statement that it makes me cringe.

Have you heard of Mars Volta

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strange strange

on the first listen i didn't really like it but i now i start to love it.

it's so ... easy, happy, euphoric... almost pop-like. but good.

i think thats most important - he keeps developing. i'll always be a fan of cut-up hyper-processed beats, that's still what i like most about his music, how he does this in a very musical way. this album is another field. in a German interview from the go-plastic-era he told that he's not good at composing melodies, and that most important about his music is rhythm and sound. today he expands his talent in melody (something that was already present on a number of tracks of ultravisitor).

I really like about half the tracks and don't care for the other half. Shame as this is how the last few Squarepusher releases have been for me. That said, Planetarium is a fucking JAM.

So yeah uh, Mars Volta pushes boundaries how now?

ELP did what when?

Magma sounds like a mix between Frank Zappa and a little bit of the fusion Miles. Not exactly pushing any boundaries.

All good music, but not mind shatteringly changing the face of music. I know that you like more than Yes, Theocide. All I'm saying is why the fuck does every album that the 5 artists here at WATMM make have to be groundbreaking? I've heard modern bass due to it being on the warp page. Great track. Quality music. It's sometimes good to just listen to music you know.

:ok:

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

shit i dont know if you lot have the same files as me because the ones i have are definately not squarepusher.

someone post some track times please

1. Hello Meow (4:31)

2. Theme From Sprite (2:57)

3. Bubble Life (2:53)

4. Planetarium (6:09)

5. Vacuum Garden (6:02)

6. Circlewave 2 (3:53)

7. Cronecker King (0:48)

8. Rotate Electrolyte (7:48)

9. Welcome To Europe (4:32)

10. Plotinus (7:36)

11. The Modern Bass Guitar (5:38)

12. Orient Orange (10:54)

1. Hello Meow (4:31)

2. Theme From Sprite (2:57)

3. Bubble Life (2:53)

4. Planetarium (6:09)

5. Vacuum Garden (6:02)

6. Circlewave 2 (3:53)

7. Cronecker King (0:48)

8. Rotate Electrolyte (7:48)

9. Welcome To Europe (4:32)

10. Plotinus (7:36)

11. The Modern Bass Guitar (5:38)

12. Orient Orange (10:54)

yep thats what i have.

not squarepusher

@Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

Why do you think it's not him?

it's professionaly produced. it wears his musical fingerprint, although it's a different style than on the last albums. but that's squarepusher, changing, experimenting. This album is melodic, light-hearted and not as complex and abstract as some of his other works. For me it's one of his better LPs, it's not as brilliant as Feed Me Weird Things, Hard Normal Daddy and Go Plastic. But it's good.

im just not convinced

i'll be very disappointed if this is the new sp album

my ears dont recognise these tracks as squarepusher. theyre miles off of the usual standard

i'm at track 6 now and so far i've liked everything. some of it very much, some less, but everything was good so far.

vacuum garden i liked the least but it's not bad - quite the direction i'm pursuing recently.

track 1 = very basic and unadventurous chord and melody progression with the most simple barely cut amen break. bass at the end sounds like a cheap softsynth bass emulation.

track 2 = lift music

track 3 = this one does actually sound a bit like squarepusher. nice track but some dodgy clicky shit throughout

track 4 = average jungle track with a slightly strange chord progression that i wouldnt expect from squarepusher with shabby melodies

track 5 = not much to say here

track 6 = sounds like someone has picked some random chords from a jazz book, put shit percussion over them and wanked a santana solo over it.

track 7 = if this is sp he's spending too much time with phillyt

track 8 = i like this but it sounds like softsynths and not at all like squarepusher

track 9 = an untouched drum loop with an out of key chord progression and weak bass with some of the worst lead work i've ever heard

track 10 = 7 mins of wanky bass over a dull backing track

track 11 = already had this one from warp and funny enough is the only one that sounds like squarepusher

track 12 = i almost fell asleep but was kept awake by the worlds most annoying and out of time ride cymbal

if this album is squarepusher im the secret gay love child of michael jackson and big brother nadia

Guest version2006

oh fuck all this non sense this album is great.

Funny, a whole bunch of folks on a "Squarepusher Fanboard" talking shit, like the good times are long gone. This reminds me of every fucking rave I went to post 96. A bunch of candy kids talking about how much it sucks (even though they are there all dressed up like a fucking lolly pop on some chemical cocktail)

I listened to it and man, I heard colors and it's going to take a while to grasp it! SP albums have never been instant appeal to me. Thank goodness, too, because I would get sick of it in a few days. All of his albums have always taken me a good amount of time to fully appreciate. Armed with that knowledge and a little bit of trust in a man that is not selling out and this album will fit just fine in the squarepusher discog. He puts a shit ton of work into them and he never let's you down with laziness.

track 11 = already had this one from warp and funny enough is the only one that sounds like squarepusher
Bull shit

my ears don't recognize these tracks as squarepusher. they're miles off of the usual standard

More bull shit

I like the bit about how folks say he doesn't push boundaries. The thing about boundaries is that he is outside of them and you don't understand it because you like stuff that's inside boundaries he created 6 years ago.

</rant>

yeah it's pretty mediocre.

not saying this album is or isnt mediocre (havent finished listening), but good christ i hate this kind of thread

GUYZ SQUAREPUSHER LEAKED AND IT SUXX. shut up

i just reviewed it on approximatley 1.5 listens and even tho i' mgoing gendisc with the thread, i'll simply state here that teh LP has no balls and while sure it's good and a palatable album it just is not the kind of wicked that i used to associate with the name squarepusher

Archived