IGNORED

so uh, hello everything leaked.

sisforawesome

what's with the extremely plain amen break on the first track?

hmmmm.......

If this is it, it is weak in comparison to his great works........

The modern Bass Guitar is the only track that seems to be worthy of the Pusher, will be listening more but I am not liking this release........

sounds like smooth electronic music, and the jazz tracks are no Rotted One Note or selection sixteen SP jazz tunes.....

so so tame.........

*sad*

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest αnalogue ψings
what's with the extremely plain amen break on the first track?

I no longer work in the avant garde style because I have nothing further to prove in that genre

Something about the smoothness of the production and that mix of satisfying warm jazz and long slow ambient menace, reminds me a bit of In A Silent Way. Its like hes trying to make jungle but with the production quality of a plush 70s jazz album.

Also Hello Meow and Planetarium sound like those poppy/melodic Selection Sixteen tracks (Tomorrow World and Square Rave I think theyre called.)

Guest Dirty Protest

Wasnt sure when i heard the track on the Warp site, but now ive heard it in context i realise i shouldnt judge SP on a tune. This albums going to be a friend for life, but then im probably slightly obsessive about all his releases :wink: .

I dont get this whole it dont sound like Squarepusher bollocks, Music is Rotted One Note sounds fuck all like Big Loada, that sounds fuck all like Buzz Caner, that sounds fuck all like Go Plastic...blah,blah you get the point.

Guest Dr of Quantization

What you people think about Go Plastic?? When I heard that I was like "shit my shorts" killer, mind blowing, he is something else... every album since then I have been not very impressed! They never get play in my house... I can not remember the last time I played DYKS or UV. To sum up, I think Go Plastic was the climax in his career and that is that!

Guest Wall Bird
What you people think about Go Plastic?? When I heard that I was like "shit my shorts" killer, mind blowing, he is something else... every album since then I have been not very impressed! They never get play in my house... I can not remember the last time I played DYKS or UV. To sum up, I think Go Plastic was the climax in his career and that is that!

'Go Plastic' is groovy as all Hell. That's what I listen to when I want to fucking jump around and pass out from exhaustion. 'DYKS' didnt seem like a very cohesive album, and I'm no fan of the vocals, but it features 'Kill Robok', so I cant stay mad at it for too long.

'Ultravisitor' is my absolute favorite Squarepusher album for the forseeable future. It definitely requres a LOT of time to fully appreciate, but I find that it's the most mature album Tom has made yet. I feel that, at the moment, this is actually the height of Tom music. The album contains almost every element Tom had used up to that point. There is no way he could have made 'Ultravisitor' without having grown from his previous works. I also feel as if it is, somehow, the most personal work we have ever heard from him. Definitely among my favorite pieces of art.

I cant wait to hear 'Hello Everything'. From what I've been reading, though, it seems like Tom has taken a concious step away from the musical attitude of 'Ultravisitor'. He's said before how he's really only interested in making music for himself, and if this album is what he wants to do next, I trust him.

how are people not loving this album? it has the best production of any SP album, if nothing else ... i like this much more than UV. hello meow, theme from sprite, planetarium, welcome to europe ... all among the best stuff he's done

how are people not loving this album? it has the best production of any SP album, if nothing else ... i like this much more than UV. hello meow, theme from sprite, planetarium, welcome to europe ... all among the best stuff he's done

groovy as fuck. gets better each time i listen to it.

yeah this might grow on me, i love to hate things at first and then slowly but surely realize that whatever it was to me, it becomes something mind blowing......

but I tend to agree with Dr of Quantization and think that Go Plastic is the whoop shiz of Tom's career.....

this could be him starting to fizz........

I haven't yet heard the leak.

On the Go Plastic bit, I agree it's his best. That's really the only Squarepsuher release that's made me go "holy shit this is awesome!"

Someone mentioned this being his best from a production standpoint, and that would make me happy. His production I think is one thing that's prevented me from really enjoying his music, Go plastic excepted. I get the impression that he's eased up on the intricate programming wizardry, which makes me kind of sad, but if he makes up for that with better production and more memorable melodies, I can diggit. I'll buy it either way.

groovy as fuck. gets better each time i listen to it.

agreed.

anyone else think welcome to europe is a bit kraftwerk-influenced (both in title and sound)?

the lovely pads in the second half are kraftwerk as fuck

yeah it has a very very kraftwerkish feel.

dunno, the more i listen to hello everything the more i like the melodies and the more i dislike the drums... strange. but i think it's befitting continuation of toms discography. other works of him left me a lot more impressed and were more profound in a way, but this is just a solid, friendly, uplifting piece of electronic music.

and... "plotinus" kicks ass :grin:

Guest version2006

That track Plotinus. in the last few minutes I thought my head was going to fucking explode.

I def sat down with the headphones last night and just blasted my head from beginning to end.

NO ONE can touch this album. best sp yet.

Archived