IGNORED

What will the next album sound like?

Morpheus

It seems like BoC doesn't like to make albums too similar to each other, but I'm wondering how they are going to do it again. With Geogaddi, they went much darker than MHTRTC, and with TCH they went to the opposite side of that spectrum. So what do you think it will sound most like? Then again, they must change their style enough so it won't sound like rehash, regardless of the tone of the album.

Guest snakes on a motherfucking plane

the next BOC we'll see is the new bocset called Archrival Taxidermy

Guest Mental Eclipse

There will probably be more real instruments and an instrumental live feel to it, since they seem to be going in that direction.

Guest endangered betche

I'm still rooting for the relatively ambient album in the style of IABPOITC. That would be good. However, I am dreading potential vocals...

I'm still rooting for the relatively ambient album in the style of IABPOITC. That would be good. However, I am dreading potential vocals...

Yeah, a whole album like IABPOITC would be heaven. However, I suspect even if they wanted to go there, they just aren't capable of getting there any more. That was a special high point of mystical BoC goodness.

And I wouldn't worry about potential vocals. BoC have already expressed their wariness of being associated with the brothers Hartnoll, so I doubt they'll ever go full-on ethereal Goldfrapp style vocals. The vocoder stuff they've done so far has been great, and always tasteful.

It seems like BoC doesn't like to make albums too similar to each other

hahahahahahahahaha

you only laugh because you didn't listen carefully enough to boc's output.

a good listener knows.

Yeah, a whole album like IABPOITC would be heaven. However, I suspect even if they wanted to go there, they just aren't capable of getting there any more. That was a special high point of mystical BoC goodness.

And I wouldn't worry about potential vocals. BoC have already expressed their wariness of being associated with the brothers Hartnoll, so I doubt they'll ever go full-on ethereal Goldfrapp style vocals. The vocoder stuff they've done so far has been great, and always tasteful.

If theyare gonna use vocals I'm hoping it won't resemble Zero 7 too much...

Anyway, this whole "vocals" issue is just a rumor, based on nothing concrete that I know of. All BoC have said, to my knowledge, is that their next album will be a big surprise (but, as others who are more cynical have noted, they say this every time). Have BoC actually mentioned they plan to include vocals on the next album?

Guest Ron Manager

it's not a rumour anymore. check your inbox...

Boards of Canada and Warp Records are pleased to announce a brand new 12" for the year 2007. Mos Teutonicus (WAP217) delivers five gorgeous new tracks, including three featuring Chris Barnes, the former lead vocalist of seminal death metal band Cannibal Corpse. The duo's evolving sound takes a further step into unchartered territory - the title track itself is a lush, beatless melodical journey, with Barnes' trademark anarchic screams giving the only remote hints that this music was constructed by humans and is not the sounds of a beautiful place out in the country. Mos Teutonicus is released 5 February.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Guest boardsofcanadarool
it's not a rumour anymore. check your inbox...

Boards of Canada and Warp Records are pleased to announce a brand new 12" for the year 2007. Mos Teutonicus (WAP217) delivers five gorgeous new tracks, including three featuring Chris Barnes, the former lead vocalist of seminal death metal band Cannibal Corpse. The duo's evolving sound takes a further step into unchartered territory - the title track itself is a lush, beatless melodical journey, with Barnes' trademark anarchic screams giving the only remote hints that this music was constructed by humans and is not the sounds of a beautiful place out in the country. Mos Teutonicus is released 5 February.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

This dead horse has been beaten so many fucking times that there's nothing left but a puddle of blood. Just stop, guys. Stop. :sad:

I hope it won't sound anything like Zero 7 at all because they're fucking shit.

I reckon there'll be more ambience and no beats, and hopefully no more lame and unimaginative use of guitar.

The biggest 'surprise' will be if it takes them less than three years to release it. Slack twats.

...or chris barnes as guest vocalist.

I don't think they would hire a featuring vocalist because Marcus and Mike don't have much budget.

marcusgangsta.jpg

mikegangsta.jpg

...So they will sing my themselves. :rolleyes:

Guest Shockerbrown

i don't see any similarities between boc and zero 7. they're totally different imo.

btw since when are mike & marcus gangsta African Americans? seriously wtf...

edit:

damn i'm such a BOC NOOB

Like DJ Shadow, Boards of Canada decided heading to a more urban direction for increasing their popularity among ghettos.

Archived