IGNORED

Bola - Kroungrine (formerly Waknut)

Guest Grim on Mbient

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it'll be on forcedexposure.com soon, they're the main north american distro for electronic music ... they already have the new 76ix album up (for $14, and shipping is very reasonable), so kroungrine should be there in a week or two

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the Japanese edition of this yesterday. No extra tracks I`m afraid, but there are some good liner notes and a Biography if you can read Japanese.

His best work ever, imo. Phulcra is simply sublime.

skam don't seem to do the 7"s so often anymore, just that one for team doyobi ...

but yeah, after having listened to kroungrine for a while now, i think it's either his best album or just behind fyuti. diamortem is his best track ever, i think, even better than vm8 or glink

Guest tidbit

gotta agree.. this might be his best work so far.. altho i think i still prefer shapes and soup ,, but still.

gotta agree.. this might be his best work so far.. altho i think i still prefer shapes and soup ,, but still.

i said that exact thing.. but not here, it seems.. so it was slsk or actual life

Am I alone in loving 'Waknuts'?
Nope, I'm just listening to it as well. Lovely song BUT you got to admit 'halyloola' is where it's at! For me that's the best track on this album. Classic Bola, it reminds me of track 4 & 10 from Gnayse (which resemble eachother as well).

Bola :wub:

Am I alone in loving 'Waknuts'?

The only track I dont like. It has a few cool parts though, I just cant get past the queer singing in the beginning.

Yeah the singing on that track is very Air-esque innit. This album is certainly a grower, in fact to start with I really disliked the album but I'm now really loving it. My favourite tracks are 4 - Halyloola and 7 - Rainslaight (I'm always a sucker for pretty plinky melodies with lowered sample rates).

• 1 month later...

Archived