IGNORED

Retropublik

plastic

Retropublik presents :

electrone_night_front_big.jpg

electrone_night_back_big.jpg

The Jaffa Kid - Electrone Night Clubs

Since I've recieved notice that the Jaffa Kid is going to be on Retropublik, I've been listening to this release. I've heard his stuff on EKT quite a few times, which was always a treat, and I recall that he ranked in the top five of the (in)famous Project168 v1. Opening with a track full of straining synths and alien vocals samples and then moving on through with grooving beats and other-worldly melodies, it's definately something I will be listening to for some time to come.

In other words, go check it out, it's good.

http://retropublik.com

membrane melodies was a highlight off retropublik from early '04.

jaffa is one of my fav ekters - grabbing this as i type.

come and post more jaffa.

no excuses about crap internet access, etc!!

(ps - how's the new rig treating you, i presume u wrote this ep entirely on the neu set up?)

jaffa fucking wails - i'm really happy about this release being on retro

like loaf - jaffa will become a superstar and we'll all bask in his fame

:omg:

mosca

Why didn't Jaffa post this? I don't understand??! :sad: Where is that motherfucker anyways?

This is some nice sounding shit will probably have a full appreciation of it over the next few days. :cool:

yeees - more jaffa kid

nice one

as usual i am at work but tonight i will sit in front of the pc with some wine and some jints

this will be the first thing i listen to

Guest Max Marlow

Hello guys,

first off thx to Chloroplastic for fixing the Website-Player and this announcement in a fast way... this makes a very good overall experience of the actual work on retropublik for me, and it is one of the reasons why i can count on some things and concentrate on some urgent other ones. thx for this one!

Now i like to invite everyone that hasnt the release so far...

I am proud that we could include this awesome new Jaffa Kid Release in such a fast way into our catalogues... and it gives a very good feeling about how the future of the retropublik is going into rhythm, melody and feeling. I dont like to comment too much, but i can clearly say... this dark electro Jaffa Release is holding all levels given by Legowelt or Claro Intelecto... and if you really didnt grab the Release up to now...

have a

mp3-sneak here and load all the stuff afterworks on http://retropublik.com , as i am pretty sure you won't get Jaffa Releases for free download ever. That's it. check it out :whistling:

Max

retropublik

Just rejoined to thank everyone for giving it a listen, max marlowe for being so adept at putting it up in quick time, Mosca for being the most non shit talking person ever general all round nice guy and amazing soundscapist(life can only take an upturn mate once your at the bottom of the barrel , i feel you on that one) , Ism for being like Yoda, G.I.Ruff for just quelling my doubts about me and my music, millions of thanks to the G.I actually, Promo et al what did you guys think of the tracks? i want to hear a few words on some of them if you have time, everyone else thanks for the heads up

His Jaffness.

having given this a discerning ear on the ipod this past 4 or 5 days, it has to be said, the jaffa king is one man i hope doesn't stop posting music here in EKT. If he does, i'm outta here!

Great sound, uncomplicated, beautifully f'kin simple arrangements, that jaffacake 12-bit percussion and beats that define all of his stuff (and remind me of simpler, happy daze) and that dirty sleazy film noir sheen and filthy synth action, all roll together to form a tight side dish of classic jaffaness.

top picks:

nocturne

part of me died in selkirk

somnol deux

just an opinion like.

oh yeah.............this is great...........

"somewhere else", "forkal", and "somnol deux"....well actually the whole second have the ep is outstanding.......some of the best tracks I have heard from EKT this year..........nice work my friend!

loafeye

Intergalactic War Trials is fucking dope! Standout track.

I noticed you're cleaning up you're production, which is a cool. But I kind of miss the good dose of weirdness in your older work. I think this release is a little too predictable sometimes. Keep in mind I'm not one to judge, it's just critisism from the heart.

Liked forkal a lot too, now that I listen to it. And flatulant acid was cool. The beat in Somnol Deux is fucking awesome, actually every sound in that track is fat.

Keep it up!!

I listen to that trio tracks you posted here a while ago a lot, the one with Montroses Wail on it. That stuff still is the shit!

finaly got a chance to listen to this properly last night and i thought it was great

excellent work

*goes to thread in general banter about who you would like to see post more music*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest grasshoppa

Fitting name.. dancey chunky shoite

From the starting track you know its going to have great synthetic fingers and atmosphere. Sattisfyingly good melody and great rhythm in part of me died in selkirk, reverbed bits and vocals effective as noice. Somewhere else very relaxing, plaidesque pads. Darkness begins and crazyness in somnol deux, and nocturne... very sexy track, probably favorite track. Intergallatic war trials also very cool melodies and interesting beat. Ace forkal to end it, just wished it got this faster a bit sooner apart from that its a class bag of tricks, lovley stuff indeed.

• 13 years later...

Archived