IGNORED

AE V BOC

Guest feargus

Autechre or Boards of Canada

Uo to recently would have said BOC every time but am finally getting Autechre after years of not fully appreciating their genuis. Still love BOC but feel that AE perhaps push the envelope that bit more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mental Eclipse

A would choose Autechre personally because I find that there music is more captivating to me. I love the way BOC creates interesting soundscapes with their music but the patterns that Autechre makes create a more engaging listening experiences in my opinion. Their both a lot different musically though their style of composition is very similar. I don’t think either one is better then the other.

What do you have against canadians? Venetian Snares is canadian and he is a great guy! :D

By the way, Boards of Canada > Autechre

Autechre hasn't made the same album three times in a row, so that's a plus.

There are bands out there that stink of repetition, but.......seriously.....Music has the Right and Geogaddi are aeons away from eachother musically.

Guest mushroom

Every BOC album is required to consist of the following:

* hip-hop beats

* warm analog synths

* phasers (lots of 'em)

* short, pointless interludes

* 70's Public Service Announcements

BOC has changed with each album, no doubt, but they really haven't developed. Geogaddi may be darker than MHRTC, but it's still essentially the same formula. TCH was even worse in that they didn't develop and they added guitars, which makes it seem like a really tacked-on idea. They're just pounding the same concept over and over again, as if simple nostalgia is a fascinating enough theme to repeat for a bunch of 20-track albums. Autechre, on the other hand, definitely develops their sound with each album; Draft 7.30 may not be miles away conceptually from Untilted, but they're definitely different, and both of them are good on their own terms rather than relying on your memory of old children's television shows.

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum

The only way to settle this is with a cage match. I'd watch out for Sean, he doesn't look like someone you'd want to mess with.

Guest transfer

I think Autechre are deeper than BOC.........BOC seem more like a novelty. I've got High Scores and Geogaddi......High Scores is really, really good and Geogaddi is pretty good......but their releases do seem to be a bit of a novelty item........High Scores is really "f" ing wicked though. Autechre's output from Confield onward has really been inventive, especially in the area of arrangement.......BOC on the other hand aren't that inventive......even High Scores was'nt that inventive but it still is really good.

We're on the Autechre Forum so users will more consider Autechre than Boards of Canada. How lame... I'm the only one to prefer Boards of Canada here... Post this on the General Banter and users will prefer Boards of Canada in general, you'll see. >:(

Archived