IGNORED

request for box set

easterlingman

now i know everyone has wanted a box set of old boc material for a long time now, and hopefully they (or warp) know that we'd fucking buy the shit out of it, but how about we make a precise track listing for it...

ok, a few tracks i'd kill to have remastered and pretty-fied versions of:

the first track from the live set at all tomorrow's parties (6:23 long, ambient, beautiful)

5.9.78 from a few old tunes

buckie high from old tunes vol 2

go

I third the ATP track, though if its a boxset we're talking about then all of the above would be nice. But if its a single disc best-of-the-old-stuff type then i think it will only engender lots of "this album sucks cause it doesn't include ____________" type stuff that they probably hate, so i'd rather see some type of box.

so i know this sounds retarded, but maybe we could actually send like a friendly and slightly tongue-in-cheek letter to warp, from all of wattem, politely asking for a box set ... or to hexagon sun

Guest Raddcliff
oh good god.

why not just write them a letter?.

i believe you can get very imressive postman pat notepaper these days.

from wat i hear...letters that go to hexsun go into the void never to return.

but who cares...ive always said let em be.

but, ya a box of the oldies and unknowns would...

a] be niiiiice

b] dispell some of uncertainties [perhaps the unknowns are cool though, pertpetuate the myth]

c] allow to hear the natural progession of the band. i love hearing how bands get to where they are.

...the horse is dead. no need to keep kicking it. this is a thread that has come and gone time and time again.

but while this one is open [ ;) ]

lighthouse - no.3***

warp - no.13

atp - no.1

atp - no.7

and if these are real...

5-9-78***

buckie high

spectrum

sequoia

king of carnival

old hi scores

bmx track***

orange hexagon sun

lick

kiteracer 2

muckinabaht

she is p

finity

old tunes - no.2

old tunes - no.3

old tunes - no.6

old tunes - no.8 ***

old tunes - no.14

old tunes - no.15

old tunes - no.16

old tunes - no.26

old tunes - no.29

old tunes - no.31 ***

providing names and numbers match

so i know this sounds retarded, but maybe we could actually send like a friendly and slightly tongue-in-cheek letter to warp, from all of wattem, politely asking for a box set ... or to hexagon sun

who would we contact and what would our message be? :heart: :devil:

Guest Raddcliff

who would we contact and what would our message be? :heart: :devil:

i think WARP. didnt they buy all the old stuff [or so the rumour goes]

the message? release a box of the oldies please

i say, forget about old tunes. i want to hear the old releases like acid memories

Quite. I think all the Old Tunes do their job as they are (if they really are BoC), and the fact that they're so rough and semi-formed is part of their charm. They're also easy to get hold of already. 'Catalog 3' etc. though are just begging to be unearthed, not to mention the shitload of other stuff they've obviously got locked away in the vaults. Just because stuff is unreleased doesn't mean that it's shit; their live tracks that are otherwise unissued prove that.

As someone else mentioned (can't remember where), why not put the stuff out on bleep or wherever, which would surely save them a shitload compared to reissuing physical copies?

i say, forget about old tunes. i want to hear the old releases like acid memories

Quite. I think all the Old Tunes do their job as they are (if they really are BoC), and the fact that they're so rough and semi-formed is part of their charm. They're also easy to get hold of already. 'Catalog 3' etc. though are just begging to be unearthed, not to mention the shitload of other stuff they've obviously got locked away in the vaults. Just because stuff is unreleased doesn't mean that it's shit; their live tracks that are otherwise unissued prove that.

As someone else mentioned (can't remember where), why not put the stuff out on bleep or wherever, which would surely save them a shitload compared to reissuing physical copies?

no way, i'd much rather have acid memories on vinyl.

i'd listen to it and then ritualistically kill myself, just cause, that would be the coolest way to go.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

a box of old tunes would be awful because almost none of the tracks sound like they are friends. it would be a terrible traffic accident. the box would get a 4.3 rating on pitchfork.

no way, i'd much rather have acid memories on vinyl.

Well, if they're willing to splash out and go the whole hog, so would I. Just trying to make it easier for the bros...

a box of old tunes would be awful because almost none of the tracks sound like they are friends. it would be a terrible traffic accident. the box would get a 4.3 rating on pitchfork.

Although I agree somewhat on the tracks all sounding terrible together...who gives a flying rat's ass what pitchbork thinks?

Guest Moebius
i think WARP. didnt they buy all the old stuff [or so the rumour goes]

the message? release a box of the oldies please

Er, hmm, actually it's been stated a few times that Warp bought the rights to their entire back catalog. It's in some of the interviews, I believe.

Archived