IGNORED

The Caustic Window Compilation

Guest Kaiser

Guest Kaiser

Hey guys, i recently heard the Caustic window compilation and it made me confused

It is so much different than all other RDJ albums, and now i wonder, is Caustic Window made only by Richard?

Listening to tracks like Matchsticks, Track no 15 and 16, Pigeon Street, i can't realy imagine that those are RDJs creations (I AM NOT SAYING THAT CWC IS A BAD ALBUM)

can someone answer me?

Thank you

Cheers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, i recently heard the Caustic window compilation and it made me confused

It is so much different than all other RDJ albums, and now i wonder, is Caustic Window made only by Richard?

Listening to tracks like Matchsticks, Track no 15 and 16, Pigeon Street, i can't realy imagine that those are RDJs creations (I AM NOT SAYING THAT CWC IS A BAD ALBUM)

can someone answer me?

Thank you

Cheers.

Silly Billy. This album sounds fucking WELL Aphex. How do you mean it sounds different? Sure it's harder and more caustic than some, but it's steeped in Aphex style....the distorted acid, the beats, the pads and chords and general song arrangement is absolutely classic RDJ. You need to listen to your Aphex collection more closely amigo.

Guest Kaiser

but i think thats a bit different, the CWC musics are kinda..happy

in drukqs, ICBYD, RDJ, Analords, there's nothing like it, and these albums are almost completely different from each other..

well, thank you, you finished my doubts

:)

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

CWC - was not big on it at all for years, then suddenly i liked it. now, i put it on every now and then.

cwc is one of my favouroite RDJ stuff

chordialatron is phat

and the acid line on humanoid will not espace is also pretty massive

and itialic eyeball is soo nice, with the reverse sound of music style. and it has that egyption quality about it

its classic RDJ

since everyone's commenting about the tracks in it, i'll comment about my favourite too:

Track No 15

that music is so facking good, it's one of the best songs i've ever heard, i could hear it for the rest of my life and never get tired of it, definitely a masterpiece

everyday i get more and more impressed with RDJ, a real music genius

Guest Thisket

A little more carefree than his other stuff. "Jedi" (or "On the Romance Tip") is my favorite. That one got me goin crazy there for a while. It was like, fuggin XANADU.

But seriously, it's quite great.

By the way, track 15? Hmmm?

'Compilation' is fucking ace. Astroblaster's my fave, just sheer, unadulterated ballsnastiness. The only quibble I've got with the album is that R2D2 isn't on it.

There are absolutely no shit Caustic Window tracks. They couldn't have been made by anybody else but Richard D. James.

Absolutely love this album, wish Dick would release more like it !

Am I the only one who noticed that Matchsticks isn't on the Compilation album and what's up with track 15 and 16, my copy only has 13 tracks ?

Guest Caustic

15 tracks...wha?

ive got 13 here. are you on about those 2 tracks that didnt make it onto the album?

Fantasia,WATTM and Garden of Linmiri are my faves on the album.

I think you downloaded this... "matchsticks" is from SAW2 - sounds like you're the victim of somebody's poorly organized MP3 collection.

The tracklisting is as follows:

01 Joyrex J4 (4:30)

02 AFX 114 (1:21)

03 Cordialatron (4:44)

04 Italic Eyeball (4:25)

05 Pigeon Street (0:23)

06 Astroblaster (5:29)

07 On The Romance Tip (5:06)

08 Joyrex J5 (6:54)

09 Fantasia (6:02)

10 Humanoid Must Not Escape (5:42)

11 Clayhill Dub (3:24)

12 The Garden Of Linmiri (6:10)

13 We Are The Music Makers (Hardcore Version) (3:59)

yeah theres four other caustic window songs as well:

popcorn, r2d2, phlaps and cunt

alot of the songs from the ep's got renamed when rereleased

this is rad stuff, but personally i'm more into Polygon Window, since it fits the mood more often

Actually, they didn't get "renamed", they were all untitled tracks when first released, and GWC and RDJ named the tracks for the compilation.

"Popcorn" and "R2D2" still are nameless, and didn't appear on the compilation due to sample clearance issues (R2D2) and doing an unauthrorized remix (Popcorn). They got by releasing these tracks on the original vinyls since all the Caustic Window EPs were limited to 1000 copies each pressing, with the exception of J9ii (300). Anything under 1000 copies is usually not worth persuing for royalities or copyright infringement (at least back in 1992 when these were released).

i heard de CWC in my friend's house, and he had the vinyl, and there was 16 or 15 songs there..

now that's strange...

ps. the music i speak of in my previous post was the one with a violin, simply perfect.

Did 'Muttley' ever make it beyond the four or whatever copies of the Caustic Window album? Just wondering as it's always cited by the actual song title. Can't find it in any discographies.

Did 'Muttley' ever make it beyond the four or whatever copies of the Caustic Window album? Just wondering as it's always cited by the actual song title. Can't find it in any discographies.

Ah, think I may have just found out after googling a bit harder, but any insight would still be nice.

Guest AlexPallas
ps. the music i speak of in my previous post was the one with a violin, simply perfect.

'kick ass violin solo' omg thats like one of his best songz evar d00d! peeple say he rote that after putting in a bid on sum rare sheet music by baytoven

'Muttley' was just the name Mike P gave it when he described the songs for joyrex.com way back when (aah, those were the days), since it contained samples of Hanna Barbara's Wacky Racers cartoon - they're all untitled tracks, with the exception of the Phlaps song that also appears on it, since it was released and was given an offiical name.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

pigeon street was the song that got me to listen to the album...

on the romance tip - honestly wish he'd do more like this. it's somewhere between saw II and ICBYD.

fantasia is neato.

what kind of equipment did he use to do this album? i can hear some of the usual drums and tb's, but some odd stuff, and effects...

'Muttley' was just the name Mike P gave it when he described the songs for joyrex.com way back when (aah, those were the days), since it contained samples of Hanna Barbara's Wacky Racers cartoon - they're all untitled tracks, with the exception of the Phlaps song that also appears on it, since it was released and was given an offiical name.

Cheers Joyrex. Yeah, that must be the article I found after my initial post about 'Muttley' (with a track-by-track breakdown?) Man, it was tantalising reading that!

Archived