IGNORED

The Caustic Window Compilation

Guest Kaiser

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did 'Muttley' ever make it beyond the four or whatever copies of the Caustic Window album? Just wondering as it's always cited by the actual song title. Can't find it in any discographies.

'Muttley' was just the name Mike P gave it when he described the songs for joyrex.com way back when (aah, those were the days), since it contained samples of Hanna Barbara's Wacky Racers cartoon - they're all untitled tracks, with the exception of the Phlaps song that also appears on it, since it was released and was given an offiical name.

Cheers Joyrex. Yeah, that must be the article I found after my initial post about 'Muttley' (with a track-by-track breakdown?) Man, it was tantalising reading that!

Yeah, that was one of the things that put joyrex.com 'on the map' as it were... that and the revelation that the Brad Strider EPs were indeed Richard and not Sepulveda.

Guest boardsofcanadarool

Did 'Muttley' ever make it beyond the four or whatever copies of the Caustic Window album? Just wondering as it's always cited by the actual song title. Can't find it in any discographies.

'Muttley' was just the name Mike P gave it when he described the songs for joyrex.com way back when (aah, those were the days), since it contained samples of Hanna Barbara's Wacky Racers cartoon - they're all untitled tracks, with the exception of the Phlaps song that also appears on it, since it was released and was given an offiical name.

Cheers Joyrex. Yeah, that must be the article I found after my initial post about 'Muttley' (with a track-by-track breakdown?) Man, it was tantalising reading that!

Yeah, that was one of the things that put joyrex.com 'on the map' as it were... that and the revelation that the Brad Strider EPs were indeed Richard and not Sepulveda.

You think you could link me to this article? If it still exists, that is.

You think you could link me to this article? If it still exists, that is.

No problem:

Caustic Window Email

ps. the music i speak of in my previous post was the one with a violin, simply perfect.

'kick ass violin solo' omg thats like one of his best songz evar d00d! peeple say he rote that after putting in a bid on sum rare sheet music by baytoven

Actually, Outside kick ass violin solo is by the artist "Outside" (Thus the title of the track), I feel bad for him, RDJ got a lot of credit for that track. :mellow:

I think you downloaded this... "matchsticks" is from SAW2 - sounds like you're the victim of somebody's poorly organized MP3 collection.

The tracklisting is as follows:

01 Joyrex J4 (4:30)

02 AFX 114 (1:21)

03 Cordialatron (4:44)

04 Italic Eyeball (4:25)

05 Pigeon Street (0:23)

06 Astroblaster (5:29)

07 On The Romance Tip (5:06)

08 Joyrex J5 (6:54)

09 Fantasia (6:02)

10 Humanoid Must Not Escape (5:42)

11 Clayhill Dub (3:24)

12 The Garden Of Linmiri (6:10)

13 We Are The Music Makers (Hardcore Version) (3:59)

with the differents names of each track between []

1.Joyrex J4 [Propulcid] - (4:30)

2. AFX 114 [AFX II] - (1:21)

3. Cordialatrion - (4:44)

4. Italic Eyeball - (4:25)

5. Pigeon Street [Kohtex] [Caustic Jingle] - (0:23)

6. Astroblaster - (5:29)

7. On The Romance Tip [Jedi] - (5:06)

8. Joyrex J5 [4-Lom] - (6:54)

9. Fantasia [industro Garage Beats] - (6:02)

10. Humanoid Must Not Escape - (5:42) (non inclut dans les éditions vinyles)

11. Clayhill Dub [AFX Dub] - (3:24)

12. The Garden Of Linmiri [industro Garbage Beats] - (6:10)

13. We Are The Music Markers (Hardcore Mix) [schmart] - (4:01)

tracks missed r :

A2 – Popcorn - (3:28) on Joyrex J4

&

B2 – R2D2 - (3:45) on Joyrex J5

yeah theres four other caustic window songs as well:

popcorn, r2d2, phlaps and cunt

alot of the songs from the ep's got renamed when rereleased

this is rad stuff, but personally i'm more into Polygon Window, since it fits the mood more often

Actually, they didn't get "renamed", they were all untitled tracks when first released, and GWC and RDJ named the tracks for the compilation.

"Popcorn" and "R2D2" still are nameless, and didn't appear on the compilation due to sample clearance issues (R2D2) and doing an unauthrorized remix (Popcorn). They got by releasing these tracks on the original vinyls since all the Caustic Window EPs were limited to 1000 copies each pressing, with the exception of J9ii (300). Anything under 1000 copies is usually not worth persuing for royalities or copyright infringement (at least back in 1992 when these were released).

yeah! that's good! ;-) thanks 4 ur some in4mations! ;-)

Listen to production and also some of the drum sounds that have been sequenced or whatever... you'll notice a lot of them are also used on SAW 85-92 and other albums. That's how you can still tell it's RDJ but he always does something new so of course nothings going to sound the same.

who came up with the unofficial names like Propulcid and Schmart?

Propulcid, Schmart, ... r the old names the firsts in their EPs Joyrex J4, Joyrex J5, ...

after Aphex has changed the names 4 the compilation...

As I said before... the tracks were always untitled - the names you mentioned above came from the infamous AFX FAQ, which was hosted by WARP Records for ages, and was created by Gonzi Marchan and Alex Parry (sp?), and then took over by Chris Miller. Alex and Gonzi also made up the tracknames for the SAW II tracks, and those too are untitled (officially).

who came up with the unofficial names like Propulcid and Schmart?

Propulcid, Schmart, ... r the old names the firsts in their EPs Joyrex J4, Joyrex J5, ...

after Aphex has changed the names 4 the compilation...

As I said before... the tracks were always untitled - the names you mentioned above came from the infamous AFX FAQ, which was hosted by WARP Records for ages, and was created by Gonzi Marchan and Alex Parry (sp?), and then took over by Chris Miller. Alex and Gonzi also made up the tracknames for the SAW II tracks, and those too are untitled (officially).

ok! thanks! ;-) don't know 4 SAW II tracks! ;-) thanks Joyrex!!

Yes, that's right - mind you, they knew Richard personally, so take from that what you will - I have an interesting article on the co-creator of SAW II who explains how the photography by Richard and his graphic design combined into the overall concept of each image's size is representative of how long the song is on the release. Brilliant concept.

The design concept of SAWII is almost as good a reason to own it as the music itself. One day I'm going to get myself a vinyl copy just for that reason.

Incidentally, yet another query. Do regular copies of SAWII (from any country) still come with any credits insert? My UK version didn't. I prefer it without though, adds even more to the album's mystery.

Archived