IGNORED

mangle 11 (CIRCUIT BENT VIP MIX)

Guest naos

What do you think?

I'm really amazed by the rawness Aphex managed to pull out again(sorry , I've heard it

just recently on Rephlexions! compilation, 2003.).

Fuckin great track.

The track is side by side with Steinbolt(Sqp)..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really good compilation.

Luckily Cylob & DMX Krew are coming

to Zagreb next Saturday. ;)

Mangle 11 has wicked drums and bending synth

+ loads of different sounds in the background.

The things that separate it from drukqs is lack of melodies

and excess of brilliant drumming. :braindance:

Its a damn tune I tells ya. All the things that aphex does best bundled into one track.

Favourite bits have to be the vinyl scratch noise into massive reverb and the "AHOY!!!!! AHOY!!!!" vocals near the end.

I wonder, are there more tunes, mangles number 1-10?

Guest Adjective

it was one of those that i saw online somewhere randomly and it made me feel like laughable butane bob did the first time i heard it. (as in good)

edit: wanted to type "edit: wanted to type"

Whats the other version?

EDIT: speaking of which, is it worth tracking down the other versions of some of the drukqs tracks. Like on the promo, weren't they supposed to be slightly different?

Guest rezpeni
Whats the other version?

EDIT: speaking of which, is it worth tracking down the other versions of some of the drukqs tracks. Like on the promo, weren't they supposed to be slightly different?

Of course its Aphex its all worth tracking down.

Mangle: promo had a longer version of the track. Not sure if thats a secret or not - but now it's not.

this track is still fucking amazing... if you'll look at all the (non analord) tracks aphex has put out in the last 4 years, you'll find that they are fucking gigantic explosions of blissful glitch acid splooge-joy - the new aphex twin album should consist of only this.

I dont like it as much as the box energy remix though. But its fucking awesome,

box energy remix is great, but mangle 11 has this solid complex structure(made of just few elements),

like the main synth!

this track is still fucking amazing... if you'll look at all the (non analord) tracks aphex has put out in the last 4 years, you'll find that they are fucking gigantic explosions of blissful glitch acid splooge-joy - the new aphex twin album should consist of only this.

:ok: For me it's the first aphex song after drukqs that sounds different, even

box e. r. sounds more drukqsian. Mangle 11 is basically made of few drum patterns

1 main synth but with brilliant programing skills. Ok, and a lot of spacial noises inside.

New Aphex. Great sub bass line there too.

Whats the other version?

Of course its Aphex its all worth tracking down.

Mangle: promo had a longer version of the track. Not sure if thats a secret or not - but now it's not.

Drukqs promos are Worth hunting down even though they don't sound any different :)

The promo edit of Mangle 11 is actually a few minutes shorter but I like it better cause it's more to the point !

Guest rezpeni
The promo edit of Mangle 11 is actually a few minutes shorter but I like it better cause it's more to the point !

Maybe I had it backwards. Regardless one is 3 minutes long and one is 6 minutes long - who doesn't want 3 more minutes of AFX?

yeah, i have the CD and it's the long one.

the rest of the disc is great and it's always mad cheap. you guys should pick it up. it's worth it for the astrobotnia, afx, and amen andrews alone.

since we are talking about modern Aphex, what about run the place red remix? spectacular.

Totally agree. Fucking hectic record.

I've never been that keen. Its a good tune but doesnt really sound that aphex-y to me. Stuff like box energy and mangle 11 have that sound that only aphex can do. Run the place red couldve been done by a lot of people. Im not saying its bad or anything, just not classic aphex.

yeah, i have the CD and it's the long one.

the rest of the disc is great and it's always mad cheap. you guys should pick it up. it's worth it for the yee king, bochum welt and like a tim alone

fixed

Archived