IGNORED

mangle 11 (CIRCUIT BENT VIP MIX)

Guest naos

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is heavy, has he got anymore tracks like this? i havent checked any compilations with him on

I'd say his box energy remix is pretty on par with this. somewhere in between mangle 11 and run the place red remix = box energy remix.

• 2 weeks later...

the part at 3:40 sounds a lot like a similar part with a voice sample breakdown in 'my fucking sound' (undetermined song) by squarepusher and also the very end 5:00 and on sounds like an attempt to evoke those squarepusher spring reverb bursts that he started doing a lot on Go Plastic and after. since this is only Aphex Twin's 2nd song to make use of the amen break in full (no the individual snare hits on Hangable autobulb dont count) its understandable he might take some (or possibly parody) techniques from master Jenkinson

the way the amen flows in this track is pure aphex. i've never heard anyone else manipulate the break in the same way. people are just more used to squarepusher doing the amen drill.

can anyone spot the pierre henry sample in this track?

100 points to whoever gets it.

You mean the Pierre Schaeffer right?

looks like minus 100 points to winky then

ok, its henry and schaeffer together. my bad. i picked a bad question cause i have it but the track is just called "Pierre Schaeffer & Pierre Henry - sy5".

i tried to attach it but i've caned my upload limit.

shall we split the 100 points three ways?

• 5 years later...

...since this is only Aphex Twin's 2nd song to make use of the amen break in full (no the individual snare hits on Hangable autobulb dont count) its understandable he might take some (or possibly parody) techniques from master Jenkinson

Whats the other one?

Archived