IGNORED

mangle 11 (CIRCUIT BENT VIP MIX)

Guest naos

...since this is only Aphex Twin's 2nd song to make use of the amen break in full (no the individual snare hits on Hangable autobulb dont count) its understandable he might take some (or possibly parody) techniques from master Jenkinson

Whats the other one?

Girl/Boy?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...since this is only Aphex Twin's 2nd song to make use of the amen break in full (no the individual snare hits on Hangable autobulb dont count) its understandable he might take some (or possibly parody) techniques from master Jenkinson

Whats the other one?

Girl/Boy?

Run the Place Red remix?

Guest LoveRhino

Great track. I've had this CD since its release and has never listened to this track before. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Yes that's the one. I got interested in these numbers stations a couple of years back when I saw an expensive 5 disc set for The Conet Project being promoted on a website and decided to do a little bit of research. I got the mp3 version and when I heard that particular mp3 I was like "its that voice from the Aphex track from the Rephlexions CD!"

I can't even hear the voice on the track thru my shitty tinny speakers right now but I never noticed it before either... Where in the track is it? Nice find though!

Plenty of number station samples in newer Black Dog tracks

• 6 months later...

Whats the other one?

Girl/Boy?

Run the Place Red remix?

yes, i think Girl Boy is the soulpride break

Some info about this track missing in here, from a Cylob interview:

I read in an old interview that you were living below your friend the Aphex Twin? Do you still? Was he/is he a noisy neighbour?

Nope that was until about four and a half years ago. It was a solid building; there was only one track that I heard being made through the ceiling, the jungly one on Rephlexions. There was a good few weeks of that riff. It was OK though, I love that tune.

http://www.spannered.org/music/1225/

Also, 1:29 in this (OK that was posted before, but now with actual track), great use of sampling really:

Guest bitroast

Some info about this track missing in here, from a Cylob interview:

I read in an old interview that you were living below your friend the Aphex Twin? Do you still? Was he/is he a noisy neighbour?

Nope that was until about four and a half years ago. It was a solid building; there was only one track that I heard being made through the ceiling, the jungly one on Rephlexions. There was a good few weeks of that riff. It was OK though, I love that tune.

http://www.spannered.org/music/1225/

Also, 1:29 in this (OK that was posted before, but now with actual track), great use of sampling really:

this!! is so cool.

not heard this ..

I'm really hoping there are more of these post-drukqs tracks around somewhere waiting to be released.

I feel like this track(or maybe boxenergy4remix1) the is the pinnacle of his mental beat-fuckery career. Basically proving nobody can ever touch his level of breakcore or whatever it is.

Archived