IGNORED

xela - the dead sea [on type]

playbynumbers

hmm, yeah, i dunno ... sort of like deaf center, if deaf center were electronic music? ambient, if i had to say one genre; electronic music ambient, haunting and beautiful and very well-produced

I wouldn't be turned away if you dislike Deaf Center though, because I think Deaf Center is fucking boring and still find this a very nice record. He's definitely been influenced from the other stuff on Type/classical ambientish stuff, and then all that Fonal stuff.

i/you can go thru the evolution of electronic music with xela.. first melodic-yet-bit-glitchy album, then.. "acoustic" shoegazy album.. and now this,.. call it what you will.

this is not necessarily a good thing.

this is 'meh' after listening to this more than once.

I wouldn't be turned away if you dislike Deaf Center though, because I think Deaf Center is fucking boring

TAKE IT BACK

'pale ravine' is the best album of the year, or at least very close; the 'neon city' ep wasn't too exciting, but good god, listen to 'pale ravine' over and over and over until you realize how perfect it is

I wouldn't be turned away if you dislike Deaf Center though, because I think Deaf Center is fucking boring

TAKE IT BACK

'pale ravine' is the best album of the year, or at least very close; the 'neon city' ep wasn't too exciting, but good god, listen to 'pale ravine' over and over and over until you realize how perfect it is

Nah man, I couldn't get into any of the classical ambient/piano music Boomkat tried to shove in everyone's faces last year. I tried, but I couldn't. I know you're big into it though, and that's okay cause the rest of your music taste is pretty rule. I've just never been huge into ambient itself.

i/you can go thru the evolution of electronic music with xela.. first melodic-yet-bit-glitchy album, then.. "acoustic" shoegazy album.. and now this,.. call it what you will.

this is not necessarily a good thing.

this is 'meh' after listening to this more than once.

Don't forget the clip-hoppyness he did on Merck before Frosty Mornings....

Pale Ravine is brilliant but came out in 2005. I don't see how Xela's latest output could be compared to Deaf Center though.

I'm 100% with tidbit on this one.

Pale Ravine is brilliant but came out in 2005. I don't see how Xela's latest output could be compared to Deaf Center though.

I'm 100% with tidbit on this one.

well, the very end of 2005 ... i bought it in early 2006, i guess i just assumed. the best album of that year, in any event.

i think there are some similarities ... though i can't really explain them without sitting you down next to my stereo and pointing out each instance

Nah man, I couldn't get into any of the classical ambient/piano music Boomkat tried to shove in everyone's faces last year. I tried, but I couldn't. I know you're big into it though, and that's okay cause the rest of your music taste is pretty rule. I've just never been huge into ambient itself.

lols, well, yeah, i wasn't aware of any boomkat review, but then, boomkat reviews every album with the same "BEST ALBUM WE'VE SEEN ALL WEEK ... ESSENTIAL!", warpmart is the same way. but i guess i can understand if you're just not a huge fan of the genre ...

Archived