IGNORED

BoC on Scottish TV this sunday

Guest BlueIgloo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skytree

perhaps....

but if not, this is the first (and possibly only) opportunity most of us will have to see anything of them live, so i'll cross my fingers.

if any of you have the ability to record this, i'm sure we'd all massively appreciate it.

Guest greenbank

i've seen 'em live, it was alright. i'll try and get my flatmate to TV-box it so if no-one else ups it then it may be possible that we could be arsed to get it off the box + youtube or whatever. i expect it'll just be the video.

i can't see what the fuss would be about them playing live anyway...

obviously if it was at some nice outdoor venue on a nice soundsystem and that it would really nice to go to... and i'm pretty sure they'd be up on the visual element by the look of their album covers. but it's the sort of music you don't really want any personality behind isn't it?

i always liked how there wasn't any pictures on their album sleeves or anything. i didn't even know what either of those two guys looked like until i started posting on this forum. obviously it doesn't wreck the music or anything if there's that involvement, but i can't really see the attraction of a traditional live show by them.

yeah i agree, they've always been a little "mysterious" live shows would take a little bit of that away.

er, how would a live performance work anyway...?

a lot of BoC is all in the details... so what, you'd have one of them on guitar, one on drums... a session player on 'weird flute note', someone with a tape recorder on 'found sounds', a full-time 'degradation officer' in charge of flutter and wow, some hexagon sun buddies doing backwards voices, a group of trained birds for the background noises in the outro...

'degradation officer'

lol, nice :)

Live performance?

"7:30 pm

The Music Show

Featuring live studio performances from The Fratellis. Plus, Quinn, FO Machete and Boards of Canada. Presented by Vic Galloway and Shantha Roberts."

I've seen alternative performances before, such as when swedish duo The Knife played "live" on TV.

If anything above just showing the vid, something like that would be truly enough to not just put the excitement away

The blurb implies that only The Fratellis are performing live. There's nothing even vaguely hinting at the capacity in which the other featured artists will contribute. I can't see any indication of anything at all specific by BoC.

Probably a 90 second bluffer's guide.

True, true.

my bad - the text doesn't say anything at all 'bout BoC going live.

Guess my believing in stuff has gone too far

Guest Moebius
The blurb implies that only The Fratellis are performing live, and not necessarily anybody else.

Probably a 90 second bluffer's guide.

Yeah, the "plus" makes it ambigious; but the PR blurb does say more directly that Quinn and FO Machete will be performing, so it's hard to say.

Personally I suspect we're in for the video, and maybe an appearance and a chat with the boys.

Does anyone know more about this show, though? Are they inclined to show videos or are only live performances?

Guest Moebius

Oh yeah, remember that web site part of this site that also exists?

UPDATE: We have confirmation from Hexagon Sun that is is NOT a performance. Nothing more is being said, however.

Guest skytree

pass it along so watmm can host it, no flv bullshit

Yeah, youtube is handy but the quality is junk.

plus, joy will undoubtedly welcome the content and host it in a second...unless it's just the vid, which i'm beginning to suspect might be the case.

Guest BunnyRabbit

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Music Show'.

I understand that you are interested to know whether the band Boards of Canada will be appearing live on the programme.

I am afraid to say that the band will be appearing in a video and not live in the studio.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write and for your interest in the BBC.

Regards

Mark Campbell

BBC Information Scotland

Archived