IGNORED

the campfire headphase

playbynumbers

I wonder what kind of cereal is kept stocked in that cabin? We can only speculate but I think it's cinnamon toast crunch.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what kind of cereal is kept stocked in that cabin? We can only speculate but I think it's cinnamon toast crunch.

hey man, I'm only trying to counter some "definative" statements about the amount of snow that is(n't) possible in that area of scotland

don't try to lump me in with people keep track of mundade details about "the brother's". I'm just responding to what others have siad.

when people are so sure, I can't help but do some research

hey man, I'm only trying to counter some "definative" statements about the amount of snow that is(n't) possible in that area of scotland

don't try to lump me in with people keep track of mundade details about "the brother's". I'm just responding to what others have siad.

Good point. Frosted Mini Wheats for sure.

i never understood why people weren't going crazy after hearing satellite anthem icarus. that's one of the finest pieces of music i've ever heard, period. i know it's all tastes and shit, but still. that song has lost absolutely none of its power to me since 2005.

i never understood why people weren't going crazy after hearing satellite anthem icarus. that's one of the finest pieces of music i've ever heard, period. i know it's all tastes and shit, but still. that song has lost absolutely none of its power to me since 2005.

Agree 100%. SAI is my hands down favorite track they've ever done. TCH as a whole just feels like a positive album to me which is why I listen to it most often. I've got to be in the mood to listen to Tomorrow's Harvest, and sometimes in Geogaddi, but TCH is often in rotation. It's just so dense with layers of sound. It always confused me why reviews would focus on the guitar instrumentation so much when there was massive amounts classic BOC noodling happening underneath.

Guest jasondonervan

It always confused me why reviews would focus on the guitar instrumentation so much when there was massive amounts classic BOC noodling happening underneath.

Music review logic:

Different = Bad

Yeah, that's Hexagon Sun - there are other pictures of it covered in snow:

BOC-hexagon-02.jpg

Are the photos of them on the deck supposed to be from the addition to the building in the middle? That looks like the only one with horizontal siding. I guess its not very important, they just didn't look like the same buildings are first glance. Never thought I'd see any photos of their studios, these are neat. Cough up the ones of inside!

It always confused me why reviews would focus on the guitar instrumentation so much when there was massive amounts classic BOC noodling happening underneath.

Music review logic:

Different = Bad

The thing is, it wasn't that much of a departure, really. At the time of the release, I didn't understand the criticism this received. I thought it was a natural progression for them as a band, and it was a very good release. Actually, I learned that people are just fickle about these things when "Drukqs" was released: I cannot understand at all why some people gave that album the reviews that they did.

Guest transmisiones ferox

It still my least favorite from them, some tracks just don't do very much to me, some are great

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

well Dayvan Cowboy it's without any doubt my favorite track of all time, seriously, that kind of life-changing tune.
I think Macquarie Ridge it's pretty rad too

TCH is by far, by miles and miles the longest slow burner of any album in my collection.

The recurring sequence seems to be a massive gap of zero plays (maybe up to a year) then I start getting the message in my brain to think about start playing it again, this will last for another couple of months until the itch gets too strong and I go and find it, reburn it too my mp3 player (thankfully now a portable high-res flac device) and put the cd by The Beast amp and player. I then play it almost every day for about a month, when I love it even more than the time before. Then it goes back into hibernation until it next gets thawed out and plucked back out of the deep freeze. It's almost become a ritual for me.

I'd recommend anyone who may not quite vibe with it not to condemn it, and give it time. I'd agree with Bordie when he says they kind of matured with this album.

Peacock tail is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard. The sounds are incredible. The build-up is top notch. I could go on and on... I really can only hope to hear other songs of this quality in my lifetime.

lol wtf, i started this thread ten years ago? anyway, i think the clear ranking of albums is:

1. Geogaddi

2. MHTRTC

3. TCH

4. Tomorrow's Harvest

Though TCH and Tomorrow's Harvest are still very good albums, obv

Good point. Frosted Mini Wheats for sure.

lol. keep doin u candiru

also, ataronchronon. that is all

lol wtf, i started this thread ten years ago? anyway, i think the clear ranking of albums is:

1. Geogaddi

2. MHTRTC

3. TCH

4. Tomorrow's Harvest

Though TCH and Tomorrow's Harvest are still very good albums, obv

Always interesting to see Geogaddi at the top of a list like this, there was quite a backlash when it came out and many fans I knew of MHTRTC gave up on them at that point

I can only assume a similar situation will happen with TH when people initially turned off will revisit it and start to rate it more highly

Archived