IGNORED

Mt. St Michaels

Tessier Ashpool

Man, I was listening to this on the way to work this A.M. and it's creeping up on Ziggomatic in the favorites category. The middle section creeps up so subtly that you almost don't realize that you're floating in this blue ether of ambient loveliness, right before that "skidder" effect rolls in to round out the song.

Anybody know who's singing on the track? Nannou?

Man, I was listening to this on the way to work this A.M. and it's creeping up on Ziggomatic in the favorites category. The middle section creeps up so subtly that you almost don't realize that you're floating in this blue ether of ambient loveliness, right before that "skidder" effect rolls in to round out the song.

Anybody know who's singing on the track? Nannou?

it's Nannou's little sister.

there is also a wevie stonder track called st. michael's mount i believe

you bet there is, and it's nostalgia up the ass.

Guest BunnyRabbit
man... i hate subforums... you guys might as well make a subforum for plastikman and daft punk... there's a few threads about them running around.

Errr... what?

This is WATMM.

Take a look around.

Soak up the ethos baby!

it is a really moving vocal

richard has an extraordinarily keen ear for provocative vocals

Noted and agreed.

Mt. Saint Michael, cliffs and Xtal are all top Aphex Twin tracks in my book for that very reason. Specifically the vocal in Mt. Saint Michael...just breathtaking.

Is it a sample?

Its a recording of his girlfriends little sister as essines said. :cool:

I think thats right anyway, there was an interview he did with a japanese mag sometime in 2001 or 2 where he revealed some nice stuff about Druqks.

Sorry, I think I first came across it in the WATMM articles database, and that doesnt seem to be in operation any more. A quick Googling revealed nothing, and I can't remember much about the article cause I read it like 3 years ago. I do remember Ritchie saying he loved Confield, and it was the first Autechre he liked.

some of the drums, and all of the vocals were recorded on a laptop in nannou's car, driving from london to cornwall. there's also a sample of the car's electric sunroof opening and closing in the track. :omg:

it's up there in my top five aphex tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived