IGNORED

"Præy"

Guest MMBKG

nothing was sequenced

the lower chords were played live

the melody was played live

the backbeat was played live

(while pitch shifting the bass drum)

the highhat on the first section was played live (backwards and forwards recorded at once)

the highhat on the last section was a sequenced track loaded into a sampler and the tempo was altered live

Praey.mp3

if the attatchment doesn't work

The beat sounds kinda grime/dubstep like. Feeling the beat. The percussion is pretty messy sounding. Overall the track is pretty out of sync through out. Gets very repetative fairly quickly. Needs more thought but has potential. Overall sounds messy though and the beats starts to irritate after a few minutes. Nice harmonies for sure.

like it. wouldn't suffer from a little more evolution. love the messy sound and the harmonies remind of diva's ost.

edit: the comeback is great, intense. the ending is shit though if i can allow myself to say so. the track deserves a proper ending. it's a keeper anyway.

Guest dankndreary

I think this could do with A) some alteration on that core rhythm, it starts to get repetetive really quick, (which is a pity as I like the sound's dirtiness) B) more prominence and build for the melody- particular ly the high end stuff, which sounded hollow to me and C) the high-hats cleaned up.

I know that sonds like I'm slating it, but actually I thought it was pretty ill. A little more variation, and make it a little tighter sounding, and it would be amazing

Archived