03 haZe

04 pedafly

05 jaHer

06 politikiL

07 lestiduZ

08 pasturN

09 ambiantz

10 ugLi

something tells me this is going to suck.

hopefully it doesnt have any white-boy rap or system of a down influenced rock on it like the last album did.

shit the last LP they released made the Process look like the best fucking album of all time.

People are well polarized when it comes to TGWOTR. It was the album that got me into Puppy, though I much prefer Too Dark Park and Last Rights, I still fucking love it. I can understand why older fans felt betrayed I guess but I think if Puppy tried to retread the path of Last Rights it would have come out sounding hollow and pointless as they're not in the same situation they were back then, in terms of drugs and their relationships with each other etc.

Still, we'll see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

something tells me this is going to suck.

hopefully it doesnt have any white-boy rap or system of a down influenced rock on it like the last album did.

shit the last LP they released made the Process look like the best fucking album of all time.

People are well polarized when it comes to TGWOTR. It was the album that got me into Puppy, though I much prefer Too Dark Park and Last Rights, I still fucking love it. I can understand why older fans felt betrayed I guess but I think if Puppy tried to retread the path of Last Rights it would have come out sounding hollow and pointless as they're not in the same situation they were back then, in terms of drugs and their relationships with each other etc.

Still, we'll see what happens.

well if thats the first SP album you heard that got you into them i cannot blame you, however TGWOTR sounds to my ears more like a mid 90s era MTV alternative rock band. It has influences of not only gravity kills and stabbing westward (industrial bands tiers below NIN) and has moments of fast blondie like white-rap that can only be compared to limp bizkit songs like "i did it all for the nookie". Id rather them retread for another 20 fucking years than release watered down music to appeal to the mtv generation (something they never seemed to be concerned about before). some things just do not get better with age

• 2 weeks later...

this excites me. ..........but i'd actually prefer another ohgr album......

• 2 weeks later...
moments of fast blondie like white-rap that can only be compared to limp bizkit songs like "i did it all for the nookie".

rap? what the hell are you on about?

moments of fast blondie like white-rap that can only be compared to limp bizkit songs like "i did it all for the nookie".

rap? what the hell are you on about?

the fast hyper rhyming that ogre does on the last skinny album isnt quite rap but its scarily too close to the white person quasi rapping technique.

and what the hell is with the new album? could they have been any more heavy handed with the use of vocoder? it seems like ogre is singing through one the entire time on practically every song.

• 2 weeks later...

the album has very technically skilled production. some of the song's instrumental backing sound like richard devine and other glitch artists. I was very surprised how clean and trancey some of the tracks were. At some points it sounded like Cevin Key was influenced by artists like Shpongle. Overall a distinct departure from their earlier works, some of it sounds like classic spuppy but with a modern electronic music twist. It's too quriky to appeal to uninitiated listeners but it might appeal to some hardcore fans

I really fucking like the album. At first I thought "Yeah, this is good" now I think it's brilliant.

Problem they'll always have though is that there'll be people saying they should be more like they used to be, having a really dirty sound with shit loads of samples. But if they did that there'll be people complaining that they're rehashing old stuff.

Keeping in mind there's all this new technology and they're newer influences, I expected the album to be highly crisp and digital sounding, and fuck it, I like it.

I dunno... The music and production is pretty damn good but DAMN, Ogre.... I dunno, he needs to re-evaluate his current outlook on vocals. You can definately hear the modern influence though, like on the last album where Otto Von Schirach did the last minute of one of those songs... Cant remember which...

I heard a few mp3s of this on crap monitors. I thought the vocals were more tacky than usual, but if what you guys say about the production is true I may end up really liking it once I get a chance to listen through my 700's. It's probably better to hear the bits I heard in context with the rest of the album. I will buy this.

Archived