IGNORED

Dopplereffekt - Calabi-Yau Spaces

i dont remember gesamtkunstwerk in details just remember that i always skipped it and wondert why and when i added it because i didnt like it much

this is (at times) excellent music

now if they would just drop the pseudo scientific 'sci fi' facade ...

i dont think its a facade, herr mueller is really crazy about that scientific world, did you hear the arpanet lectures (from CBS) ? is pretty interesting (+ unreleased material)

i think it gives it context but im just wondering how you can express some of the things they are using as sound.i.e is there acutally any connection to a calabiyau space

i think it gives it context but im just wondering how you can express some of the things they are using as sound.i.e is there acutally any connection to a calabiyau space

they were inspired by www.cern.ch.

Edited by Franciscus

exactly, i'm sure mueller knows his stuff and all that, but the tracks don't exactly sound like 'Non Vanishing Harmonic Spinors' or 'Calabi Yau Manifolds' to me but thats the thing with lots of sci fi electro,, same problem with death metal, you can name your songs 'Rotten Badger Corpse Felching' or 'We Killeth Daemons' all you want but if it sounds like a bunch of toddlers gurgling with some distorted samples of bears tripping over trashcans in the background, whats the point?

Edited by iep

i dont think its a facade, herr mueller is really crazy about that scientific world, did you hear the arpanet lectures (from CBS) ? is pretty interesting (+ unreleased material)

Did he even wrote those lectures? I don't know what those lectures were but I liked the remixed tracks at the end and I also couldn't understand a damn thing with that strong german accent.

• 14 years later...