IGNORED

cover of Nick Drake's "Hazey Jane I"

Guest Weird Al

Looking forward to this, I'm a big nick drake fan and the original is lovely. I'll let you know what I reckon in a bit, after I've done some work. Yes, work. :(

Oh wow! Great stuff! There's something about the vocal I'm not too fond of... I think there's too much reverb on it basically, masks the singing too much. Which, as a nick drake fan, I think should possibly be a bit more breathy/whispered. It sounds like you've got a nice voice under all that reverb however! No need to hide it so much :D

Musically this is excellent. A really great faithful cover. I would have been too tempted to throw an amen break or something in there. Keep up the good work man!

Actually the more I listen to this the more the reverb starts to make sense. Fuck, yes! This is actually one of the best things I've ever heard from EKT. But then a Drake fan would say that. I'm sure there's lots of other fans here (Mosca for one), they should get their arses over here and listen!

Well, that is speaking as someone who's been into Nick Drake longer than he's been into electronic music :D But I do love your cover

I'd check your myspace but it's blocked from my college, I'll check it out this evening when I get home though

Archived