IGNORED

Me and Luke Vibert are Through

easterlingman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glitchy

while Im not keen on his disco stuff or most of his acid stuff outside of yoseph I think wagon christ and a few of his vibert releases are absolutely brilliant and essential electronic music. ..

Kerrier District 1/2

Plug

Spac Hand Luke

Tally Ho!

Throbbing Pouch

Ace of Clubs

although I also really enjoyed the 3 albums you listed...

Kerrier District 1/2

Plug

Spac Hand Luke

Tally Ho!

Throbbing Pouch

Ace of Clubs

although I also really enjoyed the 3 albums you listed...

thanks

just get plug and ace of clubs

maybe i'll strat with those 2

if you hated musipal dont bother. musipal is awesome.

c'mon is boring

thats what i mean, if you dont like musipal i wouldnt bother with anything else.

the plug stuff could be considered less boring, and i havent heard ace of clubs or benifist, but musipal is one of the lushest, most textured and thick albums hes done.

the rest of his stuff is mainly sparse 4 bar looped themes with a 303.

Guest Enter a new display name
rdj is a boring repetitive gobshite.

luke vibert is funky and fun.

Quite agree! RDJ ain't that bad but many of his releases aren't that great...

Guest Grizz

I think Lukes brilliant, hes definately progressed his sound a lot more in the last 5 years than any of the other 5 on watmm

Guest Dirty Protest
I think Lukes brilliant, hes definately progressed his sound a lot more in the last 5 years than any of the other 5 on watmm

Did Ultravisitor bypass your house?

I disagree..i think on the whole he's stagnated and released too much mediocre "vibert by numbers" over that time period, which was the reason i started this ugly thread in the first place. The same can definitely not be said about RDJ (imo).

However, as I stated when bumping this topic, Benefist more than makes up for any love lost between myself and Luke's recorded output .

i am torn, i really want to listen to benefist, wiers, ace of clubs, mate tron, but i like and appreciate luke vibert and dont want to pirate.

i think i might just grab anyway because i will inevitably buy them at a later date.

i never knew releasing 5 throw away band wagon jumping acid techo releases in a row was considered 'progression'

his acid music is extremely uncreative, but i guess its 'good' for acid, i prefer his other more hard worked on music.

Guest Rook

Ummmm,,,, Ae???

Guest Grizz

Did Ultravisitor bypass your house?

Yes, that was a horrible album bar a few tracks.

Fair enough if Lukes stuff aint your bag but with Kerrier District, Amen Andrews vs Spac Hand Luke, Ace of Clubs & the last 2 self titled albums he's dipped into a lot of different styles. Its just preference as theres not really much output from the others for the time being, and I'm not a fan of the Analord/Ultravisitor stuff much at all.

Guest pelican

I like pretty much anything luke puts out, but I thought musipal was wack and substandard compared to the other WC albums. Just doesn't have the flow. Kerrier district I refuse to listen to- sorry, but disco should never have been invented. Spac vs. amen the first track is bangin I could take or leave the rest.

The majority of his music is great though

Archived