IGNORED

How come there isn't a Plaid sub-forum?

Guest mo'quinda

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mo'quinda

Shackbu came on and I though 'uuhhhh, what shit' but I couldn't find the skip button and by the time I did it had turned good and now I think it's awesome. Good story, huh.

Guest mo'quinda

I think it has a lot of stupidness about it but it knows it's stupid and ends up making the bits that aren't stupid even less so. New family, mmm.

plaid have always received less love in the more purist electronic music circles. they are, however, quite possibly my favourite artists in the 'genre'.

i think it's because their skill and creativity lie not in making crunchy, wacky, never-before-heard sounds, but rather in their song construction, use of tempo, time signatures, and harmonic / melodic structure. more traditional innovation, rather than purely sonic exploration. when i first got into plaid i was just amazed by some of the transpositions and progressions they used - where certain notes almost seemed wrong but the resolution that followed made everything ok... perhaps a bit difficult to explain but i've always loved how they create music.

just my 'pinion.

c

Wowee, that's me back to lurking

take no notice

there's something not quite right about the 'boo comforting a new poster.

not right at all.

Guest Young Rich

i remember back on the old board there was a poll about this and plaid didn't get many votes. i think it's because plaid only released two decent albums whereas the other artists featured on this board have a slightly more impressive discography.

if there is one artist who we might need to consider to become one of the featured artists i think it's venetian snares. the man has some serious evidence at hand to claim his spot.

Archived