IGNORED

The Beer Review Thread

Guest Weird Al

I spent last night drinking this, which is an ok IPA.

T1_f9ad2bd3105a624d229d0b930b9090ec_9085

I spent last month mostly drinking this. Well, it's not bad. It's 5.4% and comes in a 0.65l bottle which is a bonus.

thb-65cl-bottle.jpg

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty damn good. Nice & aged which mellowed this beast out.

11660088-standard.jpg

pretty good, bit too sweet

Founders-CBS.jpg

meh, kinda alright, had better. But this was after the first 2, which probably ruined it a bit.

uVBzBWK.jpg

Awesome DIPA. perfect for the summer. Refreshing as hell. love it

539w.jpg

Pretty dank. in a good way.

3C828F6D-CDD1-44D6-9D1D-45BC31D55D7F-109

Very hop forward pale ale. Little light in body. It's high ratings are probably justified.

A bitch to procure if not in Illinois/Indiana.

Zombie-Dust.jpg

pretty damn good imperial red. Not a big red ale guy...but this one is solid as hell.

nosferatulabel.jpg

Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA - floral/fruity at the beginning and a long delicious hoppy aftertaste. I was impressed.

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout: Well-balanced. I'm starting to like stouts that are rich but not super-heavy. This is one of them.

I'll probably crack open my bottle of last year's Surly Darkness I've been letting age soon, hopefully I can get my hands on this years brew...

it was nice, very bubbly but it kept a lot of the smooth, caramel malt taste. Bit of a dry, alcoholic finish to it. I guess I'd call it more of a belgian abbey style ale than the wheat/dunkel you'd expect from wehenstephan

I also have these in the fridge ready to go:

rogue-voodoo.jpg?13420294597d836998d084bcf5ab19a9bbb81de670_320x32011887437-large.jpg

damn i wanna try that voodoo doughnut so bad.

I got tired of drinking shit local beer and ponied up for a Three Philosophers Quad Ale....and to be honest, it didn't taste as good as I had remembered....maybe my tastes are changing again?

I WANT THIS!

Got some of Sierra Nevada's new fall seasonal Flipside, and it is really good. One of their best, srsly real good. It reminds me of Heretic's Evil Twin, another hoppy red ale I love, which I recommend to anyone in the bay area who might see it around. This

beer_147755.jpg

I got tired of drinking shit local beer and ponied up for a Three Philosophers Quad Ale....and to be honest, it didn't taste as good as I had remembered....maybe my tastes are changing again?

I think Three Philosophers needs some time in the cellar (or on the shelf). It's always been a fairly mild, easy drinker IMO though.

get some hendrik straffe quad. shit is the business.

I WANT THIS!

Got some of Sierra Nevada's new fall seasonal Flipside, and it is really good. One of their best, srsly real good. It reminds me of Heretic's Evil Twin, another hoppy red ale I love, which I recommend to anyone in the bay area who might see it around. This

beer_147755.jpg

Greenflash was decent. Was waiting a long time for them to come to Michigan. To be honest, the ones I tried were good, but middle of the pack for the most part.

I got some Flipside Red IPA. I've really enjoyed it. Never been big on reds, as stated in prior posts, but I've been coming around. Although SN hopped it up more than the style typically does. Again, Nosferatu from Great lakes is serious quality if you come by it.

I had some Ballast Point Sculpin the other night, probably the definitive San Diego California IPA (standard, not DIPA). Very well balanced between malts and aggressive hops. Tons of grapefuit/citrus/floral/pine notes, but with a lot of delicate complexity. Even a bit of honeydew melon or mango or sommat, but not even remotely cloying, how the hell does that even...? Would drink frequently, even at $15 for sixer.

102375.jpgBOTW-Sculpin-130824_101100-02.jpg

But it's hard to find even as far north as Los Angeles. Not sure how well it travels (I think the answer is it doesn't), but the canned version I grabbed was very fresh.

This stuff is growing so fond in my memory that I might blow my credibility if I keep going on about it. Way up there, though.

Also got a pack of these that's almost finished:

Fireside-Chat-Can-4x3.jpg

Very tasty stuff. A little too heavily spiced IMO, but very drinkable considering the ~8% abv.

Archived