IGNORED

The Beer Review Thread

Guest Weird Al

yeah nice, trappist beers are very nice and strong indeed

the st james organic ale is lush, i ahd it before but they sold out of it yesterday, buit they got it back intoday

and the bottle is very nice as well, its like egg shaped looking down on it.. very swanky

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the bottle is very nice as well, its like egg shaped looking down on it.. very swanky

yep, nice whisky-flask shaped bottles. i've been wanting to try their cream stout for a while, but its something like 5 euro's for a 500ml bottle and thats a bit too much for me

Wasn't Breakspeare a tune by Global Goon ?

sorry it was "BRAKSPEAR" still sound the same

Was breakspeare a song by G.G. ? I have a tune titled breakspear in my library but no artist name. Cheers Chris. and thanks for uploading that 101/606 vid

Wasn't Breakspeare a tune by Global Goon ?

sorry it was "BRAKSPEAR" still sound the same

Was breakspeare a song by G.G. ? I have a tune titled breakspear in my library but no artist name. Cheers Chris. and thanks for uploading that 101/606 vid

breakspear was a ceephax side project i think. im not too sure, he did the wrong music birthday bash under that name..

also no problems, as you can hear i had a killer cold then.. :wink:

that St. Peter's shit is pretty good - i got tanked on that one night

yes! it is a really really nice ale, its really light as well with a really top flavour so you can get pummled on it in no effort at all

going back to the bishops finger, its a rather nice beverage the flavour just spreads all around your mouth so every swig you take it just adds to the pleasentness of the ale and before you know it it's all gone..

well next up is Hobgoblin.. this has been a rather nice session, though i was a bit disapointed in the brakspear but everything else has been a pleasent drink

local offy trafalgar wines stock these interexting looking beers but i haven't got around to trying 'em yet

satang.jpgsatanr.jpg

ludd you fancy a hang out on the 12th prior to the wrong music party, i'll be around before hand, maybe have a few drinks and shit? up to you

Guest racial-halfpipe~

stpetersstout200805qe2.jpg

i'm trying st. peter's cream stout right now and i must say i think this has become my new favorite. it is so rich and creamy. absolutely delicious! thanks for starting this thread, dude.

:beer:

currently enjoying a nice Grolsch

very tasty indeed, my favourite at the moment although i like a Guiness but it gives me the scoots and it is dangerous to drink in the pub incase i shite maself

e60434d380.jpg

and i just bought a case of 20 beers of 300ml bottles for £9

woooooooooot

40 is only £16 in Tesco at the moment

fuckin double wooooooooooot

best thing about Christmas is the discount beers and the £100 notes my mum is giving me towards my 360

treble wooooooooooot

good times

Guest racial-halfpipe~

porter_bottle.jpgBarneyFlatsBig.jpg

i tried an anchor porter and a barney flats oatmeal stout today. the anchor was a great, full-flavored beer that is certainly deserving of its reputation, but the barney flats was a bit of a disappointment given the accolades it has received. not that it was bad, mind you, it's just that the watered-down composition didn't seem worthy of its gold medal winnings. perhaps i'll give another chance.

i think i will add the rest of anchor brewing's offerings to my list of beers to try. good flavor and went down smoothly.

:beer:

Guest AcidVarsity

Sierra Celebration is one of my favorite winter brews...always a good choice! Sierra Nevada in general rocks. My fave brewery is probably Three Floyds in Munster, Indiana. Alpha King is the shit..and they do a imperial stout called Dark Lord that fucking rocks hard.

dspDarkLord.jpg

ah yeah.. the elusive Dark Lord.. rare as fck....

i had a Czarny Baltic Porter this evening, heavy thick pitch black porter with a nice berry/coffee/chocolate-ish dry taste.

then i fixed meself a plate of spicy tomatoe/danish blue/onion/garlic pasta and had a duvel to go with that.. duvel is nice as an all-purpose beer, it goes well with any meal and isn't too heavy but still pretty complex.. nothing spectaculair but its a solid brew.. & dont drink duvel at room temperature, its nicer at 8-10 degrees, pale belgian ales like that don't really benefit from higher temps so imo its nicer to drink them cold..

yesterday i had a rochefort 10, the compexity floors me everytime.. whatabrew.. its HUGE beer..

btw those Satan's are mediocre Duvel-ripoffs (the duvel has alot of minions/wannabes, sporting creative names like Lucifer, Duivel, Satan, etc), better stick with the real stuff..

• 2 weeks later...

tonight i will testing out only 1 beer tonight, i cant remember if i have tried it or not yet! but anyways

tonight its Corked pale beer

1l5blnamur.jpg

first thing is, when i popped it open it has the lushest aroma, very sugary smell, really nice!

has a really nice fruity taste, and is pretty dry tasting, compared to other abby beers, even though it tastes very nice, and the falvour pouds the taste buds, its one of the dryest beers i have tasted in a while!

also this beer reminds me of hoegaarden, which is a luscious blonde beer.

i give this beer a 7 out of 10, a little too dry for my taste, but superbly fruity and nice smeeling aroma makes it an enjoyable beer to drink!

ah yeah.. the elusive Dark Lord.. rare as fck....

i had a Czarny Baltic Porter this evening, heavy thick pitch black porter with a nice berry/coffee/chocolate-ish dry taste.

then i fixed meself a plate of spicy tomatoe/danish blue/onion/garlic pasta and had a duvel to go with that.. duvel is nice as an all-purpose beer, it goes well with any meal and isn't too heavy but still pretty complex.. nothing spectaculair but its a solid brew.. & dont drink duvel at room temperature, its nicer at 8-10 degrees, pale belgian ales like that don't really benefit from higher temps so imo its nicer to drink them cold..

yesterday i had a rochefort 10, the compexity floors me everytime.. whatabrew.. its HUGE beer..

Duvel rocks.

Orval is probably my favorite Belgian ale followed closely by Corsendonk.

Archived