IGNORED

The Beer Review Thread

Guest Weird Al

Guest brianellis
I'm pretty sure I'm getting this for xmas...

ontvnew-6.jpg

The Beer Machine

That's like the Holy Grail or something.

*Dan Brown is at Brian Ellis' door with a pickaxe*

i got one for christmas. going to start brewing after the new year.

*Dan Brown has killed Brian Ellis and is re-shaprening for Feta Lol*

make it a non fatal stab and i might hook you up with a growler.

my beer is going to be ready on tues/wednesday... James Brown Ale

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had rogue dead guy ale for the first time last week . very tasty and nice.

Rogue%20Dead%20Guy%20Ale.jpg

past few nights ive had mirror pond pale ale, also good

2-mirror-ponds.jpg

recently .

wolaver's pumpkin ale . . very nice, dry, pumpkiny, sweet and bitter. <3 pumpkin ales

weyerbacher heresy (i have posted this in every beer thread and will continue to do so . . sorry guys)

old rasputin . . very sweet and dark, that 9% gettin' you fuuucked up. i feel it even if i drink one with food.

and good old corona

whee

BellsTwoHeartedAle.jpg

Bell's Two Hearted... the pinnacle of an American IPA for me.. I get it nice and cold and then sip a bottle for an hour. Very complex hops taste... citrussy. Nothing else has matched its depth for me.

sierranevada.jpg

My favorite American beer, because you can find it anywhere, it's incredibly well balanced, and generous in the hops.. has grapefruity hops. I can drink this forever.

Summit_Extra_Pale_Ale1-resized200.jpg

Summit.. a regional Minnesota beer that I will miss when I leave.

i'm drinking a gordon biersch oktoberfest lager right now. it's decent - kind of bland, but goes down smooth (which is what really counts when you buy a 24-pack for 20 bucks at costco).

also had one of these recently, and decided that i love it:

Baltika%209%2016oz.jpg

I just had an awesome beer that tasted unlike any I'd had before: Surly Bender.

This beer is an amalgamation of styles; brown/porter/apa. Five distinct malts, including two from Belgium, give this beer added complexity and depth. We also add oatmeal to this beer to give it a smooth texture not usually associated with this type of beer. We add large amounts of American finishing hops to give Bender a citrus hop aroma because... we like hops. This is a session beer weighing in around 5% alcohol and 25 IBUs. Grab one today, we think you will want another!

Apparently, there's also a Surly Coffee Bender which BeerAdvocate rated highly.

l_995b94ffdc7e9171a620122bd3e3d3f2.jpg

2752709128_5c56291d79_b.jpg

jupiler.jpg

Jupiler has an outspoken image of masculinity, courage and adventure. Furthermore, Jupiler understands men like no other brand and shares their best moments. This combination of male bonding, self-confidence and self-relativation, speaks to all men and makes Jupiler an ally on their road through life.

Jupiler is the official sponsor of the highest Belgian football division, the Jupiler League, and also supports the Belgian national football team. Just like football, Jupiler is all about competence and ruggedness, effort and effort reward, team spirit and... festivity!

Taste for yourself and enjoy!!!

Just had some of this last night:

roundup_0000000000000766_image_01.jpg

Not bad. The pale ale is quite nice, and if you're a fan of IPA's then you'll like theirs.

Just had some of this last night:

roundup_0000000000000766_image_01.jpg

Not bad. The pale ale is quite nice, and if you're a fan of IPA's then you'll like theirs.

ah yeah, i've had a few speakeasy beers and loved them. old godfather is a solid barleywine. and its name reminds me of another of my favorites:

NorthCoastOldRasputin.jpg

cma-awards.jpg

I nominate

Duvel_33clglass_lr-702695.jpg

great tasting lager

starobrno.jpg

very neat pale lager, not as good as staropramen, its a bit lighter to the touch

Staropramen.jpg

king of pale lagers

newcastle.jpg

this one is cheap at the local bar, dunno why because it tastes great. drink this one often

Krusovice_Dark_Larger_L.jpg

Best beer i've ever tasted.. it won a gold medal back in 1891 so that must count for something lol

417_Eriksberg.JPG

great beer from my own town.

Archived