IGNORED

The Beer Review Thread

Guest Weird Al

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Hennepin Saison Ale from Ommegang Brewery.

Oh my god. This is 7.99 for a 750ml bottle and it might be the best beer I've ever had.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

biggest fails in this whole thread as follows

the other night i was drinking Blue Moon from tap, and nothing but. with a slice of orange, of course, that's what throws this awesome ass white Belgian wheat ale all TOGETHER, MOTHAFUCKAS YEAHHH-HEAH!!!

tn_blue%20moon%20-%20belgian%20white%20-%20f.jpg

I PUT SOME ORANGES IN IT

most boring tasteless wheat beer ever made. bland defined. terrible. yawn just looking at it.

coors.jpg

not even funny as a joke. shit makes me sick. beer made for lifelong alcoholics.

sierranevada.jpg

My favorite American beer, because you can find it anywhere, it's incredibly well balanced, and generous in the hops.. has grapefruity hops. I can drink this forever.

the shit side of hip beer. did someone eat a couple pounds of asparagus and then piss in a bottle? far too bitter. this is the kind of shit you find at gay housewarming parties. please everyone continue to drink this shit beer.

bottoms up :beer:

Guest Hanratty
the shit side of hip beer. did someone eat a couple pounds of asparagus and then piss in a bottle? far too bitter. this is the kind of shit you find at gay housewarming parties. please everyone continue to drink this shit beer.

I was with you until you start dissing on SN pale ale. how could you not like it?

recent favorite is Ipswich Oatmeal Stout

4644.jpg

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

sapporo

kirin

asahi

Guest Al Hounos

LaChouffeGolden.jpg

A good, beer, but not great. Very spicy, mostly cinnamon. A honey-like sweetness to it as well. I'll probly get shit for this but at $9 a bottle I'd take a Rogue Dead Guy over it.

sierranevada.jpg

My favorite American beer, because you can find it anywhere, it's incredibly well balanced, and generous in the hops.. has grapefruity hops. I can drink this forever.

I agree with the first 2 but to diss the Sierra Nevada PA... cmon! It is a beautiful beer just as Gron described and I can get a huge ass bottle of it at 7/11 for pocket change when I need a beer and am not near my place of choice. Plus beer advocate has an A- rating for it. Lastly, overly bitter? You sir have no idea!

Recent purchases:

Stone - Imperial Russian Stout from '05 : this will be aging in my closet for a while... too rare to drink right now. Got it as a trade for fixin' my buddies computer who works at Stone.

Stone - Old Guardian 09 : Got one to compare with some 08's I have had in my closet for a while... can't wait!

Russian River - Pliny of the Elder : I used to have to wait a long while for this stuff to come out but now it's bottled and seems to be year around!

Alpine Brewing Company - Pure Hoppiness : Usually only get to chance to have this on tap but my local beer palace of choice got some of their stuff in :)

FAXE

£1.78 for a litre-sized can of 5% lager. And the can has a fucking viking on it.

Ahaha, Faxe is brilliant. Stupidly big can. I remember in a particularly poor effort going to a fancy dress party with a shitload of it saying I'd gone as a dwarf. A very drunk, stumbling costumeless dwarf

sierranevada.jpg

I agree with the first 2 but to diss the Sierra Nevada PA... cmon! It is a beautiful beer just as Gron described and I can get a huge ass bottle of it at 7/11 for pocket change when I need a beer and am not near my place of choice. Plus beer advocate has an A- rating for it. Lastly, overly bitter? You sir have no idea!

on the defence of watmm, i'll try it again at some point but the one time i did it was just awful. tell me again what am i taking watmm's advice on anything for? fuck that rat poison.

For some odd reason, all of a sudden Bell's wonderful line of beers has gotten distribution around here, so I bought a 6 of the Double Hearted Ale and the Stout. Both are wonderful and complex. Additionally, last night I had Bell's Oberon on draft at a restaurant. Again, nothing but win. I recommend all of these beers to anyone who hasn't tried them.

sierranevada.jpg

on the defence of watmm, i'll try it again at some point but the one time i did it was just awful. tell me again what am i taking watmm's advice on anything for? fuck that rat poison.

Well do you typically like pale ales? Pale Ale's are hoppy, some more than others, and this one lies on the hoppier pale ale side... the more hoppy the more bitter.

For some odd reason, all of a sudden Bell's wonderful line of beers has gotten distribution around here, so I bought a 6 of the Double Hearted Ale and the Stout. Both are wonderful and complex. Additionally, last night I had Bell's Oberon on draft at a restaurant. Again, nothing but win. I recommend all of these beers to anyone who hasn't tried them.

Hell yeah duder, Bell's is the shit.

Sierra Nevada definitely tastes like a pale ale, but it's like the Miller High Life of pale ales. Coarse bubblage.

Sierra Nevada definitely tastes like a pale ale, but it's like the Miller High Life of pale ales. Coarse bubblage.

hmm maybe just because I'm some what local to them I get fresher shit... it's an all around good pale ale for me and I'm picky with pale ales.

Archived