• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

PBR is smooth and awesome.

Mhmm PBR.

is this you by any chance?

hipster-1-774600.jpg

heh, the hipster finger pointing on the watmms is getting a little out of hand, just joshin but hipsters are a really valid group to make fun of

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

b0081504_15341371.jpg

haven't had an optimator for a while but its even more delicious than I remember it, I will be drinkin these a lot more often to loosen up workin on da musics

9/10

Guest ezkerraldean

Theres nothing better

i guess that's different to the 9% shit in the blue cans? that's so fucking rough

• 1 year later...

also got to try one of these for a special occasion holy phuk

Trappist_Rochefort_10_beer.jpg

Theyre very good. Lets see what I had recently:

This is very nice(for a larger):

148.jpg

never had this, despite seeing it around a lot. Its pretty damn good.

Bishops_Finger.jpg

I had other nice stuff, but I got to drunk to remember them.

Currently sipping on an O'Dell Brewery Myrcenary Double IPA. This has been my favorite beer for the past 3 or 4 months but I only get it maybe once a week at most. It's pretty expensive @ $9.99/4-pack, but it's soooo worth it. If you love big, hoppy beers definitely check this out. Very floral and citrusy, but really smooth with fresh after-taste. If you can get this, try it!

myrcenary.jpg

finally had the 120 min IPA from Dogfish Head, and it was fucking delicious...I remember buying it and the guy warned me that its "just too much".

Fuck that, I like my hops. It tastes almost like a hoppy mead, if that makes sense...fantastic for slow sipping.

And whoever posted St. Bernardus, that's my go to for abbey ale. Can't beat em.

Having sampled quite a few Troegs brews, they are fantastic as well. If you liked Nugget Nectar, try their Flying Mouflin...its like a sweeter, thicker, higher alcohol nectar.

Ive been so used to drinking heavy ass beers that I bought some 5-6% bottles and it was like drinking soda water.

oh ye I forgot. These are all fucking amazing, no hangovers.

63395781.DRL9bGh9.DarApr06254.jpg934111253625248.jpgSafari.pngkilimanjaro.jpg

Haha, I had all of those in Tanzania, except the Tusker.

Safari Beer is serious business in the back of a Land Cruiser.

Totally agree on Brooklyn Lager ruling.

I had Stone's Escondidian Imperial Black IPA and it was amazing -- combines the best of thick, coffee-like stout with the hop bite of a huge IPA. Fucking awesome.

ipa_bottle15.png

just tried a six of Flying Dog's Raging Bitch, Belgian Style IPA...it was alright.

Personally I like my IPA's strong, but I also feel that just bitterness is one-dimensional...i think thats why i love the Dogfish 90 and 120 min so much.

Totally agree on Brooklyn Lager ruling.

I had Stone's Escondidian Imperial Black IPA and it was amazing -- combines the best of thick, coffee-like stout with the hop bite of a huge IPA. Fucking awesome.

ipa_bottle15.png

I got an email from my ye olde local massive alcohol shoppe saying to come on in and grab some of these, and I went on in and there were none of those.

FUCK THAT SHIT, BEVMO.

Guest Coalbucket PI
never had this, despite seeing it around a lot. Its pretty damn good.

Bishops_Finger.jpg

</p>This is my local brewery. If you spot their Whitstable Bay organic ale it's a terrific light ale from the bottle, although besides that and Bishops Finger I would largely avoid Shepherd Neame.I've just been drinking cheap piss these days so I should probably get out of this thread. Actually I went to that Brew Dog brewery in Edinburgh the other week and they were furiously up their own arses about how great and bespoke they are but the two I had were pretty horrible. One was called Trashy Blonde and it was so heavy I basically got a migraine and needed a shit as soon as I smelled it.

Brew Dog brewery in Edinburgh the other week and they were furiously up their own arses about how great and bespoke they are but the two I had were pretty horrible. One was called Trashy Blonde and it was so heavy I basically got a migraine and needed a shit as soon as I smelled it.

flol!

i went off brewdog pretty fast after trying their range... they claim they're starting a revolution against mass produced weak-piss beer but they really need to work on balance and subtlety imo. most of their beers are a sickly sledgehammer to the tastebuds. their marketing machine is really sucking people in though. trashy blonde is their weakest alcohol-wise but over-full of fruit flavour - i think this one's for females or gay men.

:cisfor:

Guest Coalbucket PI

Brew Dog brewery in Edinburgh the other week and they were furiously up their own arses about how great and bespoke they are but the two I had were pretty horrible. One was called Trashy Blonde and it was so heavy I basically got a migraine and needed a shit as soon as I smelled it.

flol!

i went off brewdog pretty fast after trying their range... they claim they're starting a revolution against mass produced weak-piss beer but they really need to work on balance and subtlety imo. most of their beers are a sickly sledgehammer to the tastebuds. their marketing machine is really sucking people in though. trashy blonde is their weakest alcohol-wise but over-full of fruit flavour - i think this one's for females or gay men.

Haha I'm glad you agree 'cause all their spiel made me think I might be a philistine. I picked that one as it was the lowest percentage but I agree with you absolutely. When I've had half the pint and instead of thinking about getting hammered I'm planning a way to sneak off to bed, something is amiss.

flol!

Haha I'm glad you agree 'cause all their spiel made me think I might be a philistine. I picked that one as it was the lowest percentage but I agree with you absolutely. When I've had half the pint and instead of thinking about getting hammered I'm planning a way to sneak off to bed, something is amiss.

similarly, i was glad when one of my locals stopped stocking it after an initial burst of interest subsided and lots of negative feedback from customers... ie: it's ok to have one but not drink it all night... most said they probably wouldn't order it again.

a good beer should make you want another soon as you drain the glass.

Archived