IGNORED

nine inch nails - year zero

playbynumbers

Guest AlexPallas

its great to have another piece of truly anarchistic music, i didnt think i could hold up til the next alec empire record.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it perverse of me to think that the first half of the great destroyer is so bad that it makes the second, pretty good half sound better than it is?

Good God the sound design on this album is making me cum out of orifices I didn't know I had. And I'm not even halfway through! This makes me very very happy. I'm even liking the occasional cheesy bits in the vocal hooks.

Dear God, I'm tempted to say that Year Zero might be as bad or worse than With Teeth.

Noise stabs and low bass rumbles mixed with the "NIN guitars" and his poor vocals does not a good album make. I'm gonna go back and listen to my All Saints cd.

Guest Ron Manager

finally had a proper listen to this.. it's a lot better than with teeth. some of its really catchy. some of its a bit shit. overall though i'd say its a reasonable album.

Guest Ron Manager
me, i'm not, is probably their best track yet (I!M!O!)

have you ever listened to pre-with teeth nine inch nails?

me, i'm not, is probably their best track yet (I!M!O!)

have you ever listened to pre-with teeth nine inch nails?

nah im fairly new to nin, i should try that though! :cry: only been listening to them alot ever since with teeth

i just love that synth in the chorus of me i'm not, and his voice, just sounds so cool the whole way through. its quite disappointing that here in the uk, year zero hasn't been received very well.

how could anyone not like this album?

hey i tried i really did, the production and atmosphere on the album is awesome. I just dont think im at an age where i can handle trent reznor's vocals anymore. I even have trouble listening to the downward spiral these days.

Guest Kibreg

MUCH better than with teeth.

some great tracks on here... survivalism, vessel, me im not, in this twilight.

how could anyone not like this album?

hey i tried i really did, the production and atmosphere on the album is awesome. I just dont think im at an age where i can handle trent reznor's vocals anymore. I even have trouble listening to the downward spiral these days.

i guess i've just learned (via electronic music) to completely ignore the content of vocals, i just see them as another instrument; think of it as like the guy from sigur ros singing, a made-up language

• 2 weeks later...

wow. i think i'm the only person around here who really likes this album.

wow. i think i'm the only person around here who really likes this album.

I think you're mistaken. I've read a fair bit of praise for Year Zero in this forum, and I too really like this album. Can't wait for the follow up!

Archived