IGNORED

nine inch nails - year zero

playbynumbers

Guest Ron Manager

so i'm seeing nine inch nails tonight at the apollo here in manchester. wasn't going to go originally, but my flatmate's friend couldnt make it up here, so i told him i'd buy the ticket off him. just had a look at recent setlists, and it should be a good show.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moebius

Yeah, With Teeth wasn't that great, but there's still a ton of great older NIN material and they seem to be playing a lot of it, not just dwelling on the recent stuff. In fact, so far only one song from the new album has been played live.

lyrics:

watch the sun,

as it crawls across a final time

and it feels like,

like it was a friend.

it is watching us,

and the world we set on fire

do you wonder,

if it feels the same?

and the sky is filled with light

can you see it?

all the black is really white

if you believe it

as your time is running out

let me take away your doubt

you can find a better a place

in this twilight

dust to dust,

ashes in your hair remind me

what it feels like

and I won't feel again

night descends

could I have been a better person

if I could only do it all again

and the sky is filled with light

can you see it?

all the black is really white

if you believe it

and the longing that you feel

you know none of this real

you will find a better a place

in this twilight

Guest Ron Manager

the show was great. they only played 2 songs from with teeth, none of the new songs. and they fucking rinsed the downward spiral hard, check this setlist:

1) Pilgrimage (intro)

2) Mr selfdestruct

3) Last

4) Sin

5) Terrible lie

6) March of the pigs

7) Something I can never have

8) Closer

9) Ruiner

10) Burn

11) Wish

12) Help Me I'm in hell

13) Eraser

14) The Frail

15) La mer

16) Into the void

17) The day the world went away

18) No you don’t

19) Only

20) Hurt

21) The hand that feeds

22) Head like a hole

visuals weren't as awesome as they have been in the past. lots of strobe and dry ice though. one of the girls i went with found one of the USB keys in the toilet, i'd mentioned to her that he was doing this promo campaign and that he was hiding them at shows. sure enough, after the show, she reveals this little red and silver USB stick with "NIN" engraved in it with a knife or something. on it was some jumbled text and a short audio clip. nice memento.

Guest Ron Manager
It's help me i am in hell, get it right

i noticed that but couldnt be bothered to change it, just copied and pasted.

i really like the new stuff from the album so far. i'm pleasantly surprised. very pleasantly surprised. conversely, i just bought beside you in time, the live dvd that came out this week, and it sounds like shit. but it's cool to watch anyway. lol he makes people clap their hands during "march of the pigs."

i'd kill for them to release the woodstock 95 performance on dvd though. now that was nin live.

I have a couple of things by this guy but seriously, what is the fucking deal with it here on WATMM?

There are more deserving artists out there.

:ermm:

nine inch nails has a direct link to aphex twin and as such a lot of people got exposed to the featured artists on this board through him a long, long time ago. he also distributed warp's catalog through his US label, nothing records, for a while. so you'll find that many people were NIN fans before even knowing what electronic music was. now of course we grow up and learn what really good music is, but it's still always interesting to talk about your roots.

that's just one side of the story, i'm sure there are many others.

Guest dinner at my house
i really like the new stuff from the album so far. i'm pleasantly surprised. very pleasantly surprised. conversely, i just bought beside you in time, the live dvd that came out this week, and it sounds like shit. but it's cool to watch anyway. lol he makes people clap their hands during "march of the pigs."

i'd kill for them to release the woodstock 95 performance on dvd though. now that was nin live.

How come he doesnt release all his videos on dvd? That would be a great addition.

Guest AlexPallas
yeah, in all seriousness, trent reznor (via nothing records, and via the aphex remixes on that ep) is responsible for like 90% of electronic music fans in america

t'was the case with me

How come he doesnt release all his videos on dvd? That would be a great addition.

this is supposedly in the works, the "closure DVD." as it is now you can get them all on vhs which is lame.

Guest AlexPallas

trent seeded closure and broken dvds on pirate bay a while back, there was a thing about it on theninhotline

yeah, in all seriousness, trent reznor (via nothing records, and via the aphex remixes on that ep) is responsible for like 90% of electronic music fans in america

t'was the case with me

alex did you hear of coil from fixed too? thats how i pretty much got into all of this stuff as well, coil, aphex, skinny puppy, etc

Guest AlexPallas
alex did you hear of coil from fixed too? thats how i pretty much got into all of this stuff as well, coil, aphex, skinny puppy, etc

yeah i heard fixed, but was too young at the time of purchase to cohesively digest it. i downloaded peter christopherson's remix of 'the snow' and listened to it about ten times over, then fell in love with it.

Archived