IGNORED

Clylobian Sunset

Chris Moss Acid

• 2 weeks later...

Cylob has a sub-forum now?

This album is without a doubt the only good thing he ever did, some great compositions here with lush synth work, wish he would do more like this album instead of the computer rap tracks he makes today.

Guest Kenneth172

This album is without a doubt the only good thing he ever did, some great compositions here with lush synth work, wish he would do more like this album instead of the computer rap tracks he makes today.

Bounds Green has some tracks made in the Cylobian Sunset era. I'm not too keen on the computer rap especially when it goes all female.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah I used to play this album way too much right after I finished over listening the RDJ album.

This is easily on my top ten best electronic music albums of all time list.. it's probably the oldest album i keep going back to by ANY electronic music artist.

Sorry about the techy question, but does anyone know what synth(s) he used on this album? A lot of the synth sounds remind me of the Roland Jx3p a lot - kind of a thinner, tinny Roland sound with the flangey/phasey sound that the Jx3p has. Same with the bells, flute sounds, strings and everything else. And the lack of any portamento on the songs seems to point to Jx3p too. Damn I miss that synth. :unhappy:

this is really a great album

i made a md mix with basically some tracks off this album, someab5, and like mushroom compost (mu-ziq) it's pfretty solid.

but the album as a whole, yes thankyou ! guess you can't get this on vinyl eh?

• 4 weeks later...

Bounds Green has some tracks made in the Cylobian Sunset era. I'm not too keen on the computer rap especially when it goes all female.

I forgot about Bounds Green! I only listened to a few samples but indeed it sounds from this period, I have to have a full listen.

Archived