IGNORED

children of men

taphead

in the movie children of men, michael caine is all like "hey lets listen to some zen music" while him and clive owen are smoking pot and it's the 4th track on drukqs remixed with more screaming. it sounds pretty bad ass.

I don't wanna start fightin bout it but considering we only heard about 3 seconds of music, we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Aphex has very rarely disappointed me so maybe we should wait till we hear the whole thing to make our decision. And butchering an aphex song shouldnt be a reason not to see a movie. Personally, i havent seen it yet, despite all the rave reviews, but I might once it gets to the discount theatre and I can see a matinee for $3.00.

Guest Quixote

The song was used as a joke. They're listening to Radiohead and talking for a while, then the main char says he has a headache. Hippie guy says, "oh well do you wanna hear some zen music", drops a couple seconds of that track with the screaming over it and gets up pretending to play air guitar. The movie is definitely worth seeing though - there's a thread about it in general banter somewhere. Probably the best movie I've seen in years.

I wouldn't give the film a wide berth just because somebody's messed about with an RDJ track. I'm not that precious.

And butchering RDJ songs is by no means a bad thing (well, I liked the V/VM stuff anyway).

Guest Morgan Dunn
The song was used as a joke. They're listening to Radiohead and talking for a while, then the main char says he has a headache. Hippie guy says, "oh well do you wanna hear some zen music", drops a couple seconds of that track with the screaming over it and gets up pretending to play air guitar. The movie is definitely worth seeing though - there's a thread about it in general banter somewhere. Probably the best movie I've seen in years.

yea i think its supposed to be symbolic, like how the rich guy has the painting 'Guerneca' in his house- they surround themselves with suffering and madness to reflect their world, perhaps to deal with it. or maybe im looking into it too much.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Just rewatched this. Amazing in how relevant it is a decade later, and the filmmaking is top notch.

This new article from NYMagazine has lots of good info on what it took to get it made, some of the fun they had in production, and how it relates to today.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/children-of-men-alfonso-cuaron-c-v-r.html

Oh yeah there's also 3 seconds of remixed aphex in it too

Archived