IGNORED

recent purchases thread

Guest aquinas

built a new PC:

LCD: Samsung 22" 2253BW

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe

CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4ghz (OCd at 3.1 right now)

HDDs:

- Excelstor Juniper 80gb SATA2 3.0gbs x2 in a RAID0

- Western Digital 500gb Sata2 3.0gbs 2 platter x2 in a RAID1

GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850 512MB

GPU Heatsink: ARCTIC COOLING ACCELS1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler (HUGE!)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Case: Antec P180 black

Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme (fuckin HUGE)

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W

Fans: a bunch of 120cfm 120mm fans

Pictures:

Really happy with this setup... it idles between 28-35c between all 4 cores (with the OC) and on with prime45 running at 100% rape, it didnt peak past 50c, plus it runs TF2 at an average of 120fps at max settings.

lol wtf i'm going to build almost the same setup as yours

i'm assembling this:

Coolermaster cm 690 + modular power supplier Enermax MODU82 EPR425AWT 425W

Athlon64 X2 6000 + some thermalright beast over it

athlon64 x2 6400+ (i'm an AMD guy) + ZEROtherm Nirvana NV-120

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe

Ati Radeon HD 4850

2 Western digital Caviar SE SATA2 500 gb each

3Gb OCZ reaper DDR2 PC8500

some bluray drive

lot of fans

fixed

how many slots does it takes the artic cooler?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

model 500 - starlight cd

is the echospace mix on this really unlreleased, cuz it sounds alot like the version on the 2x12". i think i am going to skip the 12" with the huckaby and intrusion mixes since they are on this cd.

it covers up one miniPCI slot on mine, with fans... i replaced the 2 80mm fans with a 120mm that blows air onto the GPU and RAM chips, 2 total slots.... only downside besides losing PCI is if i want to run crossfire I'm going to have to cut it up to fit the connector between the cards.

i highly commend grabbing one though.... make sure it's the rev2 though :)

only downside besides losing PCI is if i want to run crossfire

wtf,i read that with an artic cooler turbo you will actually halve(!!!) the temps.

but,damn,i need to find a way to cool down that card without losing the crossfire thing.

Guest Iain C
mens purchases in this thread:

cds

vinyl

dvds

hardware

car parts

womens purchases in this thread:

clothes

cliches, yay!

How's this then? The other day I picked up a pair of slim brown trousers and a shirt from H&M. I found a really nice pair of black canvas hi-tops in a charity shop for a fiver the other week, and a navy blue woolen tie in a different charity shop which is pretty fresh. I also just ordered a couple of shirts and a tie from American Apparel yesterday cause they've got a back-to-school discount for students!

The shoes were an amazing find, they've barely been worn and must have cost at least £25 new.

only downside besides losing PCI is if i want to run crossfire

wtf,i read that with an artic cooler turbo you will actually halve(!!!) the temps.

but,damn,i need to find a way to cool down that card without losing the crossfire thing.

it's not impossible to run crossfire, you just might have to cut a few fins from the side, no big deal. As for cutting half the temps... depends on the card. Some cards have their fan running at 10% speed stock which in case if you dont fix the fan speed, yes you will get huge cooling improvements with this heatsink. I got mine to drop from 50c idle without fixing fan speed to mid 30s with after market heatsink and 120mm fan.

Guest Iain C

Awesome edge. I've got a hardon for Kraftwerk vinyl, I bought Dan an original UK pressing of The Man Machine a year or so ago and wish I had bloody kept it!

No offense daniel ;)

Guest thanksomuch

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500AAJS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model iHAS220-08

Shuttle SG31G2 Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel Core 2 Quad / Core 2 Duo / Dual-Core / Celeron 400 serial support Intel G31 Barebone

EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

fine choice of hardware thanksomuch... get tf2, join my friends and I, we have nightly sessions online pwn'n that pubs. Those 8800;s seem to suffer from heat, download rivatuner when you get it and change the fan profile to prolong it's life. My friend just SLI'd them and they work very well together.

Awesome edge. I've got a hardon for Kraftwerk vinyl, I bought Dan an original UK pressing of The Man Machine a year or so ago and wish I had bloody kept it!

No offense daniel ;)

They've been in the store for aaaages and I thought fuck, if I don't get them now, chances are next time I come in they'll be gone! Glad I did too! -- The Model has "Computer Love" on the B-side. Friggin' awesome!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

2 Steel Reserve 24 oz.'s and a pack of Winston lights... im getting fucking broke, I need to find malt liquor cheaper than steel reserve/shits bull ice

Guest thanksomuch
fine choice of hardware thanksomuch... get tf2, join my friends and I, we have nightly sessions online pwn'n that pubs. Those 8800;s seem to suffer from heat, download rivatuner when you get it and change the fan profile to prolong it's life. My friend just SLI'd them and they work very well together.

wow thank you brother! this info will be quite useful!! :D

Archived