IGNORED

recent purchases thread

Guest aquinas

Picked it up for 5 quid, delighted.

squarepusher424102.jpg

got it for around the same recently - waiting on delivery.

Also The Orb - Pomme Fritz

and Moby - Ambient for similar prices.

Just got these today :

Sabre - One Man Jettison (Darkestral 12")

Nucleus & Paradox - Illuminated (Esoteric 12")

Mordant Music - SyMptoMs (Version) (Mordant Music 12")

Consequence - Live For Never (Exit CD)

Paradox presents - The Age Of Outsiders Vol 3 (Outsider CD)

Elemental - Messages from the Void (Runtime 2xCD)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my friends:

fear and loathing poster

pst2586fnl.jpg

Portishead - The Rip (picture disc vinyl single)

Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk

and I got Cherry Tree by The National on vinyl for myself

Should I have bought Yeti by Amon Duul II on wax for 15 dollars? I'm thinking I should have, it's supposed to be a great album.

Gripper Nother Onesers - At Slimer Beach LP (originally released on tape as Lamborghini Crystal - Cool Runnings 1992. SERIOUSLY psyched to listen.)

James Pants - Seven Seals cassette

Gonjasufi 7" (I remember the b-side being good, and the track on the new warp comp was easily one of the best)

got my gf we told you we wre freaky by flight of the conchords record and album by girls on vinyl

and most recent issue of Found magazine, case for my iPod, and the watchmen graphic novel/really just compilation of all the comics/why do they call it a graphic novel

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Squarepusher - 'Hard Normal Daddy' ( I actually thought Feed Me Weird Things was better.............I feel like I'm about to get rocks thrown at me for saying that )

cover-229429.jpg

Broken Social Scene - 'Broken Social Scene' 2 Disc Limited Edition ( I knew I would like the album , but...GOD DAMN ! I can't stop listening to this shit. )

20764.jpg

Guest GrandPopPoplock

hard normal daddy grows on you like some kind of rabid fungus. at first i thought it was good, but ultimately i realised it is his best album.

I hope so , my son...I hope so .

starting to get back into buying records, hopefully with some success, after a decade out of the loop.

so, any suggestions welcomed for minimalist - melodic - modern classical - ambient - lush - intelligent stuff.

firstly, i bought :

stars of the lid - carte de visite, tired sounds of, refinement of the decline

oneotrix point never - rifts

hasn't anyone started a thread for all these end-of-year/decade charts?..

i like the sound of (from snippets...) johann johannsson, max richter, sylvain chauveau - will pick up some of there stuff as the weeks go by.

continuing the last decades interest in films, i bought :

nikkatsu noir (criterion / eclipse)

dear doctor (miwa nishikawa, R2 J with subs) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEUqhCbKLmk

one million yen girl (R3 TW with subs) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43qtL9Tyujg

onimasa (hideo gosha via animeigo on R1 USA) :

hausu (obayashi, via MoC on R2 UK) :

(subbed trailer)

love exposure (sion sono on R2 UK) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQF68p7zns (subbed trailer)

starting to get back into buying records, hopefully with some success, after a decade out of the loop.

so, any suggestions welcomed for minimalist - melodic - modern classical - ambient - lush - intelligent stuff.

CD, not vinyl, but I'll post it anyways. Get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nah-Fern-Gas/dp/B0018LMKGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262306186&sr=8-1

CD, not vinyl, but I'll post it anyways. Get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nah-radio scenic glowFern-Gas/dp/B0018LMKGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262306186&sr=8-1

CD only, really. I'm the generation that uses the term records before I use "tune" or anything.

you recommended GAS in my "minimalism" thread too. don't worry,

will get it.

;)

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Tim Exile - Listening Tree ( I can kind of see why some people had problems with the vocals , but...in the end...it was a really good album )

42647.jpg

Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart

pivot-o-soundtrack-my-heart.jpg

Guest Smuckers

Recent purchases include:

Message to Bears - Departures

Porzellan - The Fourth Level of Comprehension

Lusine icl - Language Barrier (finally getting it on CD! :yeah: )

Greg Haines - Slumber Tides

i like the sound of (from snippets...) johann johannsson, max richter, sylvain chauveau - will pick up some of there stuff as the weeks go by.

You may dig the Porzellan and Greg Haines albums I listed. As for the Jóhann Jóhannsson, I'd suggest any of his last three albums, Fordlandia, IMb 1401 and And In The Endless Pause... Avoid Max Richter's 24 Postcards album, fuckin dog shite. Everything else is primo stuff. I could probably go on for ages with the Mod classical/ambient stuff.

Recent purchases include:

Message to Bears - Departures

Porzellan - The Fourth Level of Comprehension

Lusine icl - Language Barrier (finally getting it on CD! :yeah: )

Greg Haines - Slumber Tides

You may dig the Porzellan and Greg Haines albums I listed. As for the Jóhann Jóhannsson, I'd suggest any of his last three albums, Fordlandia, IMb 1401 and And In The Endless Pause... Avoid Max Richter's 24 Postcards album, fuckin dog shite. Everything else is primo stuff. I could probably go on for ages with the Mod classical/ambient stuff.

ordered max richters memory house

and blue notebooks.

tried SotL carte de visite. for me,

it seems to lack character, drifts too

much. worried this outtakes & rarities

disc not representative of albums.

any recommendations for melodic

orchestral , chamber music,

soundtrack-like stuff and house -

techno - stuff like first SAW?

think some may recommend it cos

it's similar to SAW 2, but I like the

warmer electronic sound if SAW 85 - 92 much more.

tried SotL carte de visite. for me,

it seems to lack character, drifts too

much. worried this outtakes & rarities

disc not representative of albums.

it's not representative... it's just a grabbag of stuff really - not really good indicator of what they do.

good. thanks. got tired sounds and refinement on the way. should have started there; still not too late.

Archived